Mercedes-Benz Forum : AMG Forums

Mercedes-Benz Forum : AMG Forums (https://www.mymbonline.com/forum/)
-   Multimedia & Electronics (https://www.mymbonline.com/forum/232-multimedia-electronics/)
-   -   iPhone Review! (https://www.mymbonline.com/forum/232-multimedia-electronics/28424-iphone-review.html)

Murtaza 07-05-2007 02:37 PM

iPhone Review!

I bought mine Saturday morning and activated it sometime in the evening after the HMS BBQFTW.

The activation process will go smoothly as long as you have the latest iTunes and XP service pack 2. I didn't have that **** at home so I installed it here at work.

The Good:

+Amazing interface, the touchscreen is just godly
+The iPod on it is great, it splits podcasts up into individual tracks and the interface for it is just plain slick
+Great web browser thats easy to navigate
+Phone/Contact/SMS **** all kick ass
+Good size, not too big, not too small, fits nicely in pockets
+Great screen, quality is crisp and it can be extremely bright at the highest setting
+Battery life so far has been stellar. My last full charge lasted 4hours 39minutes of hardcore use and 7hours 30minutes of idle time, web browsing, bout 30min of phone time, youtube and some music playing

The Bad:

-No google talk or any type of IM, by far my biggest gripe, WTF were they thinking
-No videos in the browser, the only youtube vids it can play have to be in some special format (there is still a lot of youtube content that you can view)
-I have an '8gig' but the actual space available is 7.3g, I know it's not always accurate but 700mb, thats a lot!
-Speaker phone is ass, it's way too quiet
-Using it as a phone is generally ok but I wish it could go a bit louder
-Background is only for the unlock/password screen, it doesn't show up in the main menu, pretty dumb
-You need an adapter to plug in 3.5mm headphones in, WTF? My iPod Nano can use 3.5mm ffs!
-No video camera, LAME
-No GPS

The Wishlist:

~Orientation of screen always rotates to match so you can hold it upside down, really would be handy, especially when using the iPod in it.
~Fixing some of the **** in The Bad

Overall, even though there are quite a few gripes, I love it :<3:

ZorroAMG 07-05-2007 02:44 PM

OMFG I am so jealous!!!! I have been having phonerotic dreams ever since it was unveiled in January!!

Efff Canada for having to wait for it. :(

JmanE55 07-05-2007 02:45 PM

Nice write up. :thumbup:

newton 07-05-2007 02:50 PM

I think most phones need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adaptor. My BB Pearl needs one.

Why would you need to lock the iphone? The whole thing is touch screen.

chrisdpham 07-05-2007 02:58 PM

Alex,

Getting mine during my Lunch today. iPhone FTMFW!

:D

FreshTAMPON 07-05-2007 03:02 PM

decent review.

ZorroAMG 07-05-2007 05:37 PM

Effing americans and your early release dates!!!

%@#$!%^[email protected]#^&#%*&%!&%!

FreshTAMPON 07-05-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Effing americans and your early release dates!!!

%@#$!%^[email protected]#^&#%*&%!&%!

:rofl:

SDSilverM3 07-05-2007 06:08 PM

Re: iPhone Review!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murtaza
-No google talk or any type of IM, by far my biggest gripe, WTF were they thinking

Awesome review Alex.

I wonder if Steve Jobs wanted Google and the other companies to pay them some sort of royalty in order to accommodate their IM software. Google probably told them "**** off, we'll take over your line of business later". :rofl:

Murtaza 07-05-2007 06:45 PM

Re: iPhone Review!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDSilverM3
Google probably told them "f*** off, we'll take over your line of business later". :rofl:

Google FTW :lol:

Benzoboi 07-05-2007 06:52 PM

nice write up alex...

dut 07-05-2007 07:46 PM

:haaaay:

:gay:

:closetgay:

:gaydance:

:gaytouch:

:bandwagon:

Benzoboi 07-05-2007 07:51 PM

wow dut...just wow...

Sexypants 07-05-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

OMFG I am so jealous!!!! I have been having phonerotic dreams ever since it was unveiled in January!!

Efff Canada for having to wait for it. :(

Can you scoot down to the U.S. and pick one up?

iwrock 07-05-2007 08:05 PM

The phone works :D

ZorroAMG 07-05-2007 11:09 PM

I could come to the states, buy it, have it unlocked etc but Rogers (my plan provider) doesn't have a data plan for it and I would pay out the A$$ I am sure...

Although, I COULD just use it as a phone and ipod until Rogers gets it here....

Hmmmm...

@#$%#%^@~$^

Sexypants 07-05-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

I could come to the states, buy it, have it unlocked etc but Rogers (my plan provider) doesn't have a data plan for it and I would pay out the A$$ I am sure...

Although, I COULD just use it as a phone and ipod until Rogers gets it here....

Hmmmm...

@#$%#%^@~$^

I would do that. No sense in waiting man, GET IT!!!

chrisdpham 07-05-2007 11:41 PM

So far I'm loving mine. :clap:

Sexypants 07-05-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdpham
So far I'm loving mine. :clap:

Does the screen get all fingerprinty?

ZorroAMG 07-06-2007 02:04 AM

I dunno who can unlock it yet and how I can set it up on my iTunes without being with At&T...no point shelling out $600 if that wont work...

OMG i need one....

:^#^%@%&@%#!^%&

Sexypants 07-06-2007 02:06 AM

Quote:

I dunno who can unlock it yet and how I can set it up on my iTunes without being with At&T...no point shelling out $600 if that wont work...

OMG i need one....

:^#^%@%&@%#!^%&

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Will your service be getting them for sure?

ZorroAMG 07-06-2007 02:09 AM

AS far as I know, Rogers used to be Rogers At&t so it would make sense that they are poised to be the only carrier here....

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY :( Unlimited data/text/web for $99/month FTMFWYOUCRAZYBA$TARDS!!!!

Sexypants 07-06-2007 02:11 AM

Quote:

AS far as I know, Rogers used to be Rogers At&t so it would make sense that they are poised to be the only carrier here....

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY :( Unlimited data/text/web for $99/month FTMFWYOUCRAZYBA$TARDS!!!!

hahaha you will get it. I know for a fizact i won't be getting one. Warped hood FTL!!!!

FreshTAMPON 06-18-2008 09:29 PM

didn't want to start a new thread so i thought this was the most suitable thread...

i really want to find a place to custom paint my iPhone. www.colorwarepc.com does a decent job but the fact of shipping the phone and waiting approx. 2 weeks to get it back threw me off. i just ordered a custom skin for it and i've had skins on a couple previous phones, but painting i think is so much better. does anyone know anybody??

i really like the way this one came out : http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=775108

corbinreynz 08-17-2010 10:01 AM

I want say if you use the touch screen mobile, the iPhone is the best choice in this category. In my iPhone touch screen is the biggest advantage compared to other phones. Competitors will not be able to compete with Apple in this function.

wichipong 08-17-2010 01:20 PM

holy **** thread revival batman!! :paranoid:

Goliath27 08-17-2010 03:30 PM

why did I read

ALi

Anonymous 09-17-2010 06:59 AM

I bought a 64 GB Touch directly from Apple the day it came out. I think it often takes more time for things newly released Amazon. I replaced my 32 GB second generation and to tell the truth, the 32 additional GB is the main difference I notice. Now I can answer all my music and video television / programs and more space to spare, I love it!

Superman 09-17-2010 01:58 PM

See ya later : )

SamMacDonald 06-25-2020 09:22 AM

thanks for sharing

delongtrevor 07-16-2020 05:56 AM

My sister has iphone SE 2020 I'm waiting for 12 iphone this year, daily I walk with Iphone 7