Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
17,285 Posts
newton said:
Thanks for being helpful guys. /sarcasm

http://mymbonline.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1979 -> User Attachment Control Panel (under Upload Quota). Manage and delete your files in there.
Only helping him help himself!

Seriously, A Photobucket account will benefit him more. He can go back and look up any picture he wants instead of looking for where he placed the attachment here. Plus we don't have to click just to see a pic :D

I do that enough for pr0n

AL
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
13,261 Posts
Goliath27 said:
Only helping him help himself!

Seriously, A Photobucket account will benefit him more. He can go back and look up any picture he wants instead of looking for where he placed the attachment here. Plus we don't have to click just to see a pic :D


AL
That's assuming there's assuming the picture is still there and not removed due to:

a) deletion from Photobucket
b) termination of account
c) exceeding allotted bandwidth from Photobucket.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
18,171 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
That's assuming there's assuming the picture is still there and not removed due to:

a) deletion from Photobucket
b) termination of account
c) exceeding allotted bandwidth from Photobucket.
:dunno:

They give us 1gb of storage and 25gb bandwidth / month...

Edit: The broken links are a problem...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17,285 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
That's assuming there's assuming the picture is still there and not removed due to:

a) deletion from Photobucket
b) termination of account
c) exceeding allotted bandwidth from Photobucket.
O K FINE Ling, You don't have to yank my leg. I'll start whoring up your bandwidth :D

ALi
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
13,261 Posts
chutoyy said:
:dunno:

They give us 1gb of storage and 25gb bandwidth / month...

Edit: The broken links are a problem...

Look through some of the older picture threads on this forum and tell me what the real problem is. Unlike some people, there are a few on here who leave their pictures on their hosting site indefinitely keeping in mind that they are posted on forums where others may access them at a later time. Others just want the attention for the moment then don't care once they are forgotten about. If the pictures are uploaded to the forum, they will remain regardless.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
13,261 Posts
Goliath27 said:
O K FINE Ling, You don't have to yank my leg. I'll start whoring up your bandwidth :D

ALi
Thanks. Whoring up bandwidth. NOT random threads. :wack:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17,285 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
Thanks. Whoring up bandwidth. NOT random threads. :wack:
lol got it. But in all seriousness, I have A LOT of pictures on my PB and I have never had a problem. Only 2 NooDz were ever "deleted" for breaking the rules but the rest work fine every time.

Just saying.

ALi
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17,285 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
Look through some of the older picture threads on this forum and tell me what the real problem is. Unlike some people, there are a few on here who leave their pictures on their hosting site indefinitely keeping in mind that they are posted on forums where others may access them at a later time. Others just want the attention for the moment then don't care once they are forgotten about. If the pictures are uploaded to the forum, they will remain regardless.
Say for example, I posted a picture in a thread last year. But no one views the thread, does it still use bandwidth?

ALi
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
13,261 Posts
Goliath27 said:
Say for example, I posted a picture in a thread last year. But no one views the thread, does it still use bandwidth?

ALi
Not significant enough to offset the annoyance when you open a picture thread to find no pictures due to deletion.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17,285 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
Not significant enough to offset the annoyance when you open a picture thread to find no pictures due to deletion.
That's not what I meant. I mean in terms of actual Bandwidth from Photobucket or the like. I have seen things like Bandwidth Exceeded and Image No Longer Available. The Question I have is How does that occur. Say I have my pictures allll over the web, but no one is looking at them or loading them. Is it still using bandwidth? No, right?

Sorry to go off topic with the original post and you can delete this if I'm out of line. Just trying to understand it all a little better.


ALi
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
13,261 Posts
Goliath27 said:
That's not what I meant. I mean in terms of actual Bandwidth from Photobucket or the like. I have seen things like Bandwidth Exceeded and Image No Longer Available. The Question I have is How does that occur. Say I have my pictures allll over the web, but no one is looking at them or loading them. Is it still using bandwidth? No, right?

Sorry to go off topic with the original post and you can delete this if I'm out of line. Just trying to understand it all a little better.


ALi
It usually occurs when someone loads the page where it is posted (page views). On peak months where I post pictures across multiple forums, my personal site usually exceeds 100GB of bandwidth. It isn't just from the sites you personally post it on, you have to figure that the members of the sites you post on may post it elsewhere as well. 25gb/month isn't much.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17,285 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
It usually occurs when someone loads the page where it is posted (page views). On peak months where I post pictures across multiple forums, my personal site usually exceeds 100GB of bandwidth. It isn't just from the sites you personally post it on, you have to figure that the members of the sites you post on may post it elsewhere as well. 25gb/month isn't much.
That makes it a little clearer. Explains why Shakes Sigs always go haywire(used to). Thanks for the answer.


ALi
 

· Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
newton said:
Thanks for being helpful guys. /sarcasm

http://mymbonline.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1979 -> User Attachment Control Panel (under Upload Quota). Manage and delete your files in there.
Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for :bow:



Ok thanks everyone. I got more responses than I expected :thumbup:

Thanks for the Advice on PhotoBucket

BUT

Most of my pictures on this site have been uploaded by using my PhotoBucket account :rofl: including my signature. :rofl:


SDSilverM3 said:
It usually occurs when someone loads the page where it is posted (page views). On peak months where I post pictures across multiple forums, my personal site usually exceeds 100GB of bandwidth. It isn't just from the sites you personally post it on, you have to figure that the members of the sites you post on may post it elsewhere as well. 25gb/month isn't much.
You can also do a couple of things to prevent Photobucket page views

1. By embedding the picture as an object into the site where users will not be able to click and open the picture which normally opens into a new browser window that is Linked to your Photobucket site. Hence having an increased page view, hence increased bandwidth utilization.

2. You can also make your album private so when people do click on the picture it will open a Guest Login - Photobucket page and not to your picture. :thumbup
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
16,598 Posts
Goliath27 said:
That makes it a little clearer. Explains why Shakes Sigs always go haywire(used to). Thanks for the answer.


ALi
Yeah, I have 13 photobucket accounts now to make sure that the bandwith doesn't get exceeded. :rofl: I don't even have that many pictures in each account but I guess they get posted a lot (bottom of every post, on multiple forums) so that kind of makes sense.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
13,261 Posts
Williams707 said:
You can also do a couple of things to prevent Photobucket page views

1. By embedding the picture as an object into the site where users will not be able to click and open the picture which normally opens into a new browser window that is Linked to your Photobucket site. Hence having an increased page view, hence increased bandwidth utilization.

2. You can also make your album private so when people do click on the picture it will open a Guest Login - Photobucket page and not to your picture. :thumbup
If you embed the object using the [ img ] tags, it still counts towards bandwidth because Photobucket is hosting that picture. Whether you click on the it to open into a new browser window is irrelevant. The context in which I used the term "Page view" was viewing a page on the forum in which the picture has been posted.

Hope that clarifies things a little bit better. :)
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top