My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted my displeasure about a certain exhaust manufacturer on M3forum and I basically got flamed by quite a few people over it. Their answer was simply just wait and most people just ended up backing the manufacturer.

This was my post:
So I did a ton of research before ordering my exhaust.

I really liked the way the RE El Diablo looks, sounds, and not to mention its weight. The price was a bonus too.

So, last month I decided to visit one of our sponsors and place an order for one. He requested a substantial deposit because there was already a long waiting list and there were only two spots left. He said it should be here in 30 days (approximately the end of March). I complied and gave my deposit.

A week later, I saw another sponsor move the date back to the middle of April (even though on their website it still says late March). I called up the place I put my deposit in to confirm that and they confirmed that it's been pushed back.

I'm not that patient of a guy but from what everyone else has said, I figured it's worth the wait.

I called up Rogue Engineering directly earlier this week to check on the status. They said that it could be the end of April now. That first it was initially supposed to be the end of March, but when they realized that all the exhausts in that shipment would have been accounted for (and that they were already paid for in most instances) when they reached the US from China, they decided to have the factory make more and that added to longer wait time. They said that they wanted to have some in stock when the shipment arrives so that "future" customers wouldn't have to wait so long. Furthermore, they told me if I want it faster, I could tell the vendors that I want it shipped air freight and that it should get to me possibly in the middle of April if I took that option (which was approximately another $100 more).

Am I the only one annoyed at this? That they're making people who already PAID well in advance for their product wait even longer so that they could save a few dollars on shipping another order and so that "future" customers wouldn't have to wait. That if I wanted to get it a few weeks after I was initially promised that I would have to pay more!?!

I'm not blaming this on the place I ordered it from b/c it's totally out of their hands (and I'm sure RE told them the same), but I gather from this experience that RE sure doesn't care about its customers. From RE's perspective it's all good, they already have the money (or are guaranteed the money) for the shipment so it doesn't matter if they make those paying customers wait longer because they already have their money and no longer need to make the sale. Further, at the detriment of the customers who they already have the money from, they're going to make more so that they can have some in stock for future customers... HORRIBLE mentality.

Also, it's not like it's that much money, but for the two month wait I could have probably put that into a regular savings account and made 3% off of it, or like the rest of my investments this month could have made an easy 11% off of it. It's just a hassle and damn annoying.

Sorry about the long rant, I'm prepared to get flamed for this but I just had to put it out there.

Kind of makes me want to just say forget it and go with the SS Race (but I'm worried that it'll be too loud).

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
The SS is too loud. I have pretty high expectations of vendors, so I'm not one to ask. I think customer service is most important, regardless of how great your product or reputation are. I would get a refund and move on. I'm not big on just letting things slide, though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jangy said:
The SS is too loud. I have pretty high expectations of vendors, so I'm not one to ask. I think customer service is most important, regardless of how great your product or reputation are. I would get a refund and move on. I'm not big on just letting things slide, though.
yeah, that's why I'm reluctant to get it. the pro's of the SS are that it is very light w/o being titanium (the titanium ones are loud and ricey) and the tips look great!

I have pretty high expectations of vendors as well so that's why I'm pretty annoyed. What ever happened to principle and keeping deadlines and keeping customers happy? Apparently everyone over at M3forum bows down to vendors and thinks that vendor profit trumps customer service and repeat customers.

I'm not big on letting things slide, and if I had my way, I'd make Rogue basically give this thing to me at cost.

I mean I guess with some of these vendors and manufacturers being so damn small, they don't know how to properly run a business and keep and maintain customers.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
I think you're in the right. I'm not particularly patient either, and that sounds like shitty service on their behalf.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
If I haven't said it before, fuck M3forum. Hate that place with a passion. Bunch of biased fucks.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
If I haven't said it before, f*** M3forum. Hate that place with a passion. Bunch of biased f***s.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
that's a load of bull...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
If I haven't said it before, f*** M3forum. Hate that place with a passion. Bunch of biased f***s.
It's so true. All they did was talk shit about Evos after I lost against Dut's car. I mean yeah it's heavier than my car by a hundred or so pounds but it also has 50 more bhp. I brought up the point of, let's make it an official race from start to stop, then everyone has a fucking excuse. Can't we have a friendly race without people talking shit?

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Tell them to run you now. :D

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
jangy said:

:wtf:

you guys drive performance cars, no such thing as too loud :wack:

its music

i would definitely :dunno: cancel my order for that specific exhaust just b/c they are being assholes, get a different exhaust from the same shop

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I would tell them to run me now, but whats the next excuse? Oh you have this and that. I still wanna race that CTS-V and a M3 both from a stop and on the fwy.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
"i'll beat you in the twisties......"

"Doesn't matter if I lose, you're still driving a __________"

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
pog0 said:
I would tell them to run me now, but whats the next excuse? Oh you have this and that. I still wanna race that CTS-V and a M3 both from a stop and on the fwy.
if your car is stock (completely) then they will both kill you, on the fwy it will be very bad.

trust me, ive driven an evo (before it got the 550hp vishnu package :eek:hnoes: ) and my brother has an m3. i also raced that evo in my clk55. cts-v is almost exactly the same as my clk, it will have no problem eating an evo fo desert :thumbup: :D

dont get me wrong, its a great car but its no drag car, at least not stock

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SDSilverM3 said:
yup, I have to concur.

two examples that show how gay they are:
(1) the meets, HORRIBLE! not necessarily M3 owners, but mainly high school kids in their 325's, only 2-3 cool people, the rest are tools. TOTALLY unlike our meets.
(2) there was this post on "can we beat an SL65?" and some people actually believed that with a decent amount of mods they'd be able to take an SL65...

I'm outtie on that forum, too many damn tools. I thought it was better than e46fanatics, but it's not... it's a bunch of loser sheep.

·
Registered
73,800 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
"i'll beat you in the twisties......"

"Doesn't matter if I lose, you're still driving a __________"

The worst argument I HAVE EVER heard when hanging out on the M3 forum(s) when I had my M3. :hammer:

·
Registered
97 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
Do I see a MyBWMOnline.com on the horizons Ling?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts