Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
So what's wrong with Jimmy?

He's willing to post publicly on another thread and talk shit about a city we live in. He seems to know more about a city that he's visited, but doesnt live in, than we do, as he thinks it's crap.

He then goes on this thread and doesn't contribute crap.

When called out, he won't reply publicly anymore, but resorts to PM...WEAK :thumbdown:

*No posting of PMs.*

Re: So what's wrong with Jimmy?

tbone said:
He's willing to post publicly on another thread and talk shit about a city we live in. He seems to know more about a city that he's visited, but doesnt live in, than we do, as he thinks it's crap.

He then goes on this thread and doesn't contribute crap.

When called out, he won't reply publicly anymore, but resorts to PM...WEAK :thumbdown:

*No posting of PMs.*
resorts to PM? sorry but that's what people on forums do.. instead of hijacking a thread, which is what you're doing FYI.. i decide to send you a PM about it so we can discuss it, if you are the one with a problem with me. i don't wanna clutter up the forum with more shit than it already has.

is this why you didn't respond to my PM? because you think it's weak to do it in private? only 2 people really had a problem with what i said, and i asked vdubb if there was a problem or whatnot, he responded and i apologized anyhow and (i think) things are kinda cool now. but you? you go out and make a PSA? you're :thumbdown: man. if someone wronged you on the street, would you stand up on a soapbox with a mic and tell everyone standing around you so they knew that you've been wronged? how childish.

I'm pretty sure MB made it clear that when they changed the CLK back to E-Class Coupe, they did it for tradition and to slim down their model line (in terms of names), and not because it was actually going back on the E chassis. :dunno:

Discussion starter · #26 ·

Jimmy said:
resorts to PM? sorry but that's what people on forums do.. instead of hijacking a thread, which is what you're doing FYI.. i decide to send you a PM about it so we can discuss it, if you are the one with a problem with me. i don't wanna clutter up the forum with more shit than it already has.

is this why you didn't respond to my PM? because you think it's weak to do it in private? only 2 people really had a problem with what i said, and i asked vdubb if there was a problem or whatnot, he responded and i apologized anyhow and (i think) things are kinda cool now. but you? you go out and make a PSA? you're :thumbdown: man. if someone wronged you on the street, would you stand up on a soapbox with a mic and tell everyone standing around you so they knew that you've been wronged? how childish.
this is my thread. I can say whatever I want in it.

You know, I would have discussed this with you over PM, had you not called me a jackass/jerk in your message. How am I to take your inquiry seriously with that language?

Discussion starter · #28 ·
AsianML said:
I'm pretty sure MB made it clear that when they changed the CLK back to E-Class Coupe, they did it for tradition and to slim down their model line (in terms of names), and not because it was actually going back on the E chassis. :dunno:
It just seems misleading to those (like me) who dont' keep up with the details. I see "E550" on the trunk, see E550 sticker prices, and just assume I get E-components all around.

tbone said:
It just seems misleading to those (like me) who dont' keep up with the details. I see "E550" on the trunk, see E550 sticker prices, and just assume I get E-components all around.
Does it really matter what it's made of? It's not like they are sharing components with a shunned brand like *gasp* GM. C-Class parts or E-Class parts, the E-Coupe still looks the same and as long as it performs to expectations, who cares any further than that?

Kind of reminds me of the C6 Vette when it first came out. Everyone freaked out that Chevrolet used a plastic leaf spring in the rear suspension. Oh the outrage. I don't see anyone complaining about it anymore though.

Jimmy said:

hmm i still dont see the point in puttin down ANY city....im actually in the OC rite now, guess what bud it aint all that!

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Roupin said:
tbone said:
Does it really matter what it's made of? It's not like they are sharing components with a shunned brand like *gasp* GM. C-Class parts or E-Class parts, the E-Coupe still looks the same and as long as it performs to expectations, who cares any further than that?

Kind of reminds me of the C6 Vette when it first came out. Everyone freaked out that Chevrolet used a plastic leaf spring in the rear suspension. Oh the outrage. I don't see anyone complaining about it anymore though.
You are right. It doesn't really matter. I'm more surprised and disappointed by what I feel is misleading marketing. I mean, one could argue that they could have kept it a CLK, right?

V DuBb said:
Jimmy said:

hmm i still dont see the point in puttin down ANY city....im actually in the OC rite now, guess what bud it aint all that!
So does it remind you of Pleasanton? :rofl:

thepinoc said:
We gonna have a norcal v socal war now or what?

:crunk: (cuz i cant find the popcorn one :()
this has absolutely nothing to do with ncal vs scal

tbone said:
You are right. It doesn't really matter. I'm more surprised and disappointed by what I feel is misleading marketing. I mean, one could argue that they could have kept it a CLK, right?
Absolutely. But I guess they didn't want to have a dozen different models. The CL is next...it's going to be the S Coupe.

thank you shake, whip tbone back into shape haha

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.