Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was on the 10 the other night, 2-3am, not sure exactly :smoker: :420:
i see a sl getting on and he begins to close in on me, i was doing 75 or so in 6th, i begin down shifting, 5.....4... right when he gets next to me and i see the v8k badge i pop it into 3rd. and give it some gas to let him know im ready to run. he slowly (using the tq) begins to accelerate away, im next to him, trying to get him to floor it, but he wont, he's just using the massive tq and slowly accelerating :wtf: :thumbdown:

the same thing happened yesterday on balboa, i begin pacing and he starts to slowly pull away at like 2000rpm using the tq.

why dont these fuckers wanna run?

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
I saw w while SL65 bone out a few nights ago. Those things really pick up and go.

But agree, most people are out for show, not for any serious runs. I have better luck with non-AMG SL's.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i don't think sl owners are weenies per say, but most benz owners are. :thumbdown: now before you guys start bashing me hear me out......other than the people on mb forums, most mb owners have never hit redline on their vehicles. amg owners included. i get alot of amg owners come in for repair complaining about squeek noises or radio inop but not complaining about the supercharger disengaging cause the intercooler pump took a shit. they don't even know their amg is slow as shit! :hmm i've even seen a grandma driving an slr, now no offense to grandmas but do you really think they drive that car to it's limits? in my opinion about the majority of benz owners, they buy amg's not cause they are kick ass cars but because it's more expensive than the 500's, 550's, 320's, etc...

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Status thing....

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
exit2Ek said:
i don't think sl owners are weenies per say, but most benz owners are. :thumbdown: now before you guys start bashing me hear me out......other than the people on mb forums, most mb owners have never hit redline on their vehicles. amg owners included. i get alot of amg owners come in for repair complaining about squeek noises or radio inop but not complaining about the supercharger disengaging cause the intercooler pump took a shit. they don't even know their amg is slow as shit! :hmm i've even seen a grandma driving an slr, now no offense to grandmas but do you really think they drive that car to it's limits? in my opinion about the majority of benz owners, they buy amg's not cause they are kick ass cars but because it's more expensive than the 500's, 550's, 320's, etc...

i feel you :thumbup:

my mom has an e55, im sure she probably has never even floored it let alone hit redline, my dad and i made her get it :D :clap:

·
Registered
247 Posts
YES!!! Every AMG SL owner I have ever met is a big weenie!!! All the AMG SL owners are the biggest weenies and E55 owners are the least likely to be weenies but occasionally you find the uber non-weenie CLK55 owner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be pleased to blow your freekin asses into the weeds if you come up against me. Just like I did to an M5. Bwahahaha! I love to drop the hammer.
SL55 with Kleeman K2 tuning. 585 hp and 628 tq.
The 997TT is still faster.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think a lot of SL55 drivers are weenies too. They just buy them as a status symbol. Fak that. I pulled along side of one on the highway, gave the driver the thumbs up, then hammered it. Nothin from the other SL55. Two stuffed suits in the car with prob no idea what the car is good for.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Scruffy Dawg said:
I would be pleased to blow your freekin asses into the weeds if you come up against me. Just like I did to an M5. Bwahahaha! I love to drop the hammer.
SL55 with Kleeman K2 tuning. 585 hp and 628 tq.
The 997TT is still faster.
Scruff, I almost forward this to you to respond. glad you found it anyway

I do have agree the majority of run takers are m3's, or non merc "Racers"

1 - 20 of 59 Posts