Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,101 Posts
Everyone seems to swear by Zaino. No personal experience here but I guess the thousands that swear by it can't be wrong. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
I read all the stories about Zaino and even bought the kit,but it takes alot of time to do the application correctly.As often as I wash and detail my cars,I just use a local companies product but keep on top of things more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
Meguiar's NXT for ease of application. Zaino is great but the setup takes forever, and I don't enjoy spending 3-4 hours cleaning the car anymore. The NXT takes 10 minutes to apply and another 10 to buff off. Looks killer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Everyone swears by Zaino, but I still have yet to try it. It seems to me that it's too much time, work, and effort to apply and do properly...

I have a good deal of detailing products and supplies (including a water softener so that there are no hard water stains on my cars) and usually wash and detail the cars myself. But now after how great the M3 turned out when it was professionally detailed a few weeks ago, I'm starting to think that maybe I should just leave it up to the pro's...

Roupin said:
Meguiar's NXT for ease of application. Zaino is great but the setup takes forever, and I don't enjoy spending 3-4 hours cleaning the car anymore. The NXT takes 10 minutes to apply and another 10 to buff off. Looks killer.
I used to use NXT all the time... It's easy to use and it looks great, BUT the problem is, it lasts for a good 3 days tops. :(

I made a most about it on the other forum: http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177691

I'm starting to use Poorboy's products (Natty's Wax more specifically Natty's Blue for dark colors) and they're just as easy to use (if not easier) and it does produce a deeper shine and slightly longer durability. (You can also apply it in the sun too which makes work slightly easier.)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,101 Posts
I've been using Zymol for the last 4 years and has worked pretty good. I've finally run out of my last purchase at Costco so I'm possibly exploring other fruitier smelling options. :kekekegay:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,695 Posts
I'm one the ones who swear by Zaino. As many of you know, keeping a black car shiny is a b!tch, but Zaino brings it all out. It's amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Honestly, while the wax does matter, it's all about how you apply it. I can bet you all, if you do what you do now on a black car, you would be amazed at how TERRIBLE what you're doing is. Those applicator pads are shit. what the hell is that? You need to use an orbital buffer if you want to get any kind of results. As such, Meguiar's line of NXT product is perfect for the job. I'd love to see that zaino stuff used with a buffer, on a black car. See if it makes my paint nice and shiny and swirl free.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
The Godfather said:
Honestly, while the wax does matter, it's all about how you apply it. I can bet you all, if you do what you do now on a black car, you would be amazed at how TERRIBLE what you're doing is. Those applicator pads are shit. what the hell is that? You need to use an orbital buffer if you want to get any kind of results. As such, Meguiar's line of NXT product is perfect for the job. I'd love to see that zaino stuff used with a buffer, on a black car. See if it makes my paint nice and shiny and swirl free.
PC 7424 FTW!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,344 Posts
<---NXT is fine for me...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
My results and opinion of NXT aren't from this silver MB. It's all I use on the daily driven midnight black Caddy, which also exclusively sits outside these days (another toy in the garage). The car has ZERO swirls, no scratches, and no flaws when I'm done polishing/waxing the car. Funny this is, I've never hit it with the claybar and can get the paint as smooth as glass in half an hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
SagaSupra said:
The Godfather said:
Honestly, while the wax does matter, it's all about how you apply it. I can bet you all, if you do what you do now on a black car, you would be amazed at how TERRIBLE what you're doing is. Those applicator pads are shit. what the hell is that? You need to use an orbital buffer if you want to get any kind of results. As such, Meguiar's line of NXT product is perfect for the job. I'd love to see that zaino stuff used with a buffer, on a black car. See if it makes my paint nice and shiny and swirl free.
PC 7424 FTW!
LOL HELL YEAH!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
We have an in-house detailer that has always used "MB Authorized" waxes and car care products to great results but recently we switched to Mothers products (because of a sponsorship) for our race car and personal cars and have had great results, much better than what MB recommends so that sold me. I know this sounds like I'm trying to sell you on Mothers but we were sponsored by Meguires and didnt get as good of results as with Mothers.

Oh, and orbital buffers FTL!!! They give you those horrible swirl marks that are almost impossible to get rid of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
HGmotorsports said:
We have an in-house detailer that has always used "MB Authorized" waxes and car care products to great results but recently we switched to Mothers products (because of a sponsorship) for our race car and personal cars and have had great results, much better than what MB recommends so that sold me. I know this sounds like I'm trying to sell you on Mothers but we were sponsored by Meguires and didnt get as good of results as with Mothers.

Oh, and orbital buffers FTL!!! They give you those horrible swirl marks that are almost impossible to get rid of.
"MB Authorized" means Meguair's stuff... that's essentially the stuff they sell at the dealership...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
HGmotorsports said:
We have an in-house detailer that has always used "MB Authorized" waxes and car care products to great results but recently we switched to Mothers products (because of a sponsorship) for our race car and personal cars and have had great results, much better than what MB recommends so that sold me. I know this sounds like I'm trying to sell you on Mothers but we were sponsored by Meguires and didnt get as good of results as with Mothers.

Oh, and orbital buffers FTL!!! They give you those horrible swirl marks that are almost impossible to get rid of.
Random orbit reduces the swirls, but I'm back to just polishing/waxing by hand.

I've always wanted to try Mothers, so I guess I have a reason now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,101 Posts
Random orbits make my hands tingle. :eek:hnoes:

I usually just do it by hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
HGmotorsports said:
Oh, and orbital buffers FTL!!! They give you those horrible swirl marks that are almost impossible to get rid of.
No offense, but then you don't know how to detail :) Btw, rotary buffers are more likely to give you those swirls you speak of...
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top