My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I'm tired of waiting for Argos and I don't really like any of the other bluetooth solutions. I'm looking to install my system from scratch myself. Can't be that hard, right?

Anyway, from what I can tell, I think I need the following:

Q-6-82-0826 E (Phone installation completer kit)
Includes:
Q-6-82-0829 - Linear Compensator
Q-6-82-0832 - Cable, Linear compensator
Q-6-82-0463 - Standard install hardware kit

Q-6-82-0828 (V60 cradle short cord kit)
Includes:
Q-6-82-0833 - V60 cradle with short cord coil
Q-6-82-0768 - V60 holder
Q-6-82-0811 - Battery insert

V60 bluetooth puck

I could also add the optional voice control kit Q-6-82-0827 but I may just do that later.
Can anyone confirm this? Do I need anything else? I know I'll have to get my dealer to activate it with Star but that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Benz-O-Rama said:
Ok,

I'm tired of waiting for Argos and I don't really like any of the other bluetooth solutions. I'm looking to install my system from scratch myself. Can't be that hard, right?

Anyway, from what I can tell, I think I need the following:

Q-6-82-0826 E (Phone installation completer kit)
Includes:
Q-6-82-0829 - Linear Compensator
Q-6-82-0832 - Cable, Linear compensator
Q-6-82-0463 - Standard install hardware kit

Q-6-82-0828 (V60 cradle short cord kit)
Includes:
Q-6-82-0833 - V60 cradle with short cord coil
Q-6-82-0768 - V60 holder
Q-6-82-0811 - Battery insert

V60 bluetooth puck

I could also add the optional voice control kit Q-6-82-0827 but I may just do that later.
Can anyone confirm this? Do I need anything else? I know I'll have to get my dealer to activate it with Star but that shouldn't be a problem.
Hit up ChrisDpham. He works parts for a dealership. He should be able to help you out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Benz O Rama....let me know what you find out. I will do it as well. I want the full capabilities. Please find all part numbers, etc. and lets see if we can get a deal.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jangy said:
Benz O Rama....let me know what you find out. I will do it as well. I want the full capabilities. Please find all part numbers, etc. and lets see if we can get a deal.
Will do.

I PM'd Chris through another board...**cough cough**

You should probably ban me for that :D

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
jangy said:
Ahhh, very good idea about Chris (House of imports?)

I need a connection in parts......hmmmm...
Yup, House of Imports.

Anyways, From my sources here at work the retrofit for the 06-07 Bluetooth set up is not possible on the 2004 W211.

If you can confirm this is possible that we don't know about then please let me know.

The part numbers you've listed are all correct.
Just add a "B" in front of all the part numbers when you go into the dealership. Example: BQ-*-**-****

However, if you have the 06-07 model W211, all you would need is the cradle.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
All I need is the cradle? I have an '06 E55. Also, Chris, would your company be interested in any type of special discounting for shipped items? I can get wholesale here, but that has dwindled to a worthless 18%. Let me know who to contact at your dealer about such things. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Jangy, I'll let you know tomorrow.

I can probably ship it for free simply by asking my Shipping and Recieving Manager to UPS it. :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chrisdpham said:
jangy said:
Ahhh, very good idea about Chris (House of imports?)

I need a connection in parts......hmmmm...
Yup, House of Imports.

Anyways, From my sources here at work the retrofit for the 06-07 Bluetooth set up is not possible on the 2004 W211.

If you can confirm this is possible that we don't know about then please let me know.

The part numbers you've listed are all correct.
Just add a "B" in front of all the part numbers when you go into the dealership. Example: BQ-*-**-****

However, if you have the 06-07 model W211, all you would need is the cradle.
Hey Chris, thanks for the reply.

I think you're right about part of it. You can't retrofit the 06+ into my 2004. It's different wiring and a different cradle. But there is a retrofit for 2003-2004. I even got my hands on the install instructions from MB! It's on my laptop at work and I'm at home now but I'll post it tomorrow.

Anyway, can you PM your phone number. I want to talk to you about pricing on the parts.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
chrisdpham said:
Jangy, I'll let you know tomorrow.

I can probably ship it for free simply by asking my Shipping and Recieving Manager to UPS it. :)
Let me know bro. We will definitely be needing lots of OEM parts and I'd rather have a friendly source than just to get gouged at the stealer. I've even had a hard time finding anyone reliable on the internet. i found one dealership that also does internet sales and gave 20% off, but that was it and their response to some of my vendor questions were a little slow.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update...

Ok, so the part numbers are right. But luckily it looks I only need the cradle and the puck. The phone completion kit is nothing more than a device that allows you to use the cars built in antenna for your cell phone. Since my phone will not be docked in the cradle, the bluetooth puck will, I don't need it. This cuts the cost way down as this is the most expensive part. Right now www.oempartsdirect.com is offering 25% off on parts for members of another forum **cough cough**. We're talking like 158.00 for the cradle and 285.00 for the puck. Guys, this is cheap as crap.

If you have a 2003-2004 I would jump on this. For 2005+, the part numbers are different but it's all the same concept.

Jangy, you may want to talk to Jamie there. I know you're looking for people to partner with for discount MB parts.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't gotten it yet. I'm going to talk to Jaime about that too when he calls me back. But I would love to open my mailbox one day and find on sitting there from San Diego. :D

let me know if that's possible so I don't order one. I'll send you a $50.00 gift card to the strip club of choice!!!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I moved this thread from the model specific to the topic of discussion, since I am getting information on all BT Phone setups for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts