Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on this camera. I had a $250 giftcard to Bestbuy from my b-day and i went and picked one of these things up because it was the best camera that was in that price range. Here are some specs on it:

7.1 Megapixels

3X opitcal zoom

4X digital zoom

2.5 Inch LCD Screen

Face Detection Auto Focus

Its a very cool looking camera and its pretty compact as well. Is it any good? Is there anything better out there for that price that i should look into?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Nice choice. Now lets see some pictures. :clap:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SagaSupra said:
thats a pretty kick ass deal for that camera.
they are advertising them at 239.99 for a limited time. I bought a 2gb Sd card as well for about 30 bucks so it was like 289 out the dor after taxes and all

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
You can't go wrong with any of the Canon P&S's.

Dell is/was having a special on that camera for $221 but you have a gift card so doesn't matter. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i plan on purchasing a DSLR sometime around christmas so this shuld be fine for now. So far the picture quality has been outstanding

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love this camera! It has the best quality pics ive ever seen out of a point and shoot.

heres a sample

this pic isnt that great but ill post up better ones

·
Registered
245 Posts
i kno i might be late but this camera just went on sale for even cheaper on dell.. Saw this on slickdeals.net

Dell has the Canon PowerShot SD1000 Silver 7.1 MP 3X Zoom Digital Camera for $249 - 40% off coupon T37M1C?$7T74B7 = $149 with free shipping.

Also available in black for the same price after 40% off coupon: SLF3G2P?MSMK23.[/url]

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Any of the SD series are pretty good if you don't need to many manual settings.

Derrick, the coupon looks like a one-time use thing. It doesn't work for me. :(

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
For $149 I would have picked it up just for kicks.

For those wanting a slightly more manual mode inclined P&S, you may want to look at the A series (A640 etc.) I've heard great things about those. They're almost like Mini DSLRs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts