Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week just to try it out, I resetted the ecu using the method on MBW, and drove it like hell for about 30 miles (the same way I drive all the time anyway). Ever since, I was getting an overactive ESP intervention, shitty starts and I disabling ESP did nothing. I was kicking myself the whole time since.

I kept at it the whole time with the car, and finally as of today, I can say the car is back to normal. I can peel out at 40mph in the rain, throw ass all over the place, and ESP no longer bogs the car all the way to 55mph. When it's on, I get a few little blinks and it's gone again. It gradually got better and better, and I'm officially happy again. :)

That ecu reset is crap. Stay away from that shit.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Glad to hear your issues are fixed.

You actually got to drive your car today? It seem like you've been here the whole time.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
So you jus kept beatin on it and the ecu adapted?

Either way glad to hear things are the way you like....

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Benzoboi said:
So you jus kept beatin on it and the ecu adapted?

Either way glad to hear things are the way you like....
Just drive it like hell all the time. Worked for me.

Btw if anyone here wants their car to run great, but feel bad doing it yourself...I'LL VOLUNTEER :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure what it does, but I just know I can finally get the car to stay in the lower gears. The damn thing always shifted up quickly no matter how much I pressed the gas, short of WOT. Now it revs happily, downshifts VERY quickly and is a pure pleasure to blast around.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
That's strange. I did the ECU reset twice and every time it seemed to work on my W211. Try to clear out your ADAPTATION table.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It does work on my car...but even though I drove it like hell it was bogging all over the place. I'll never do that shit again :thumbdown:

Keep in mind my regular driving style is what you would all consider maniacal...so maybe that's why I didn't see any improvement :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts