Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

close trunk button doesn't work..

28K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  nava405 
#1 ·
the button in the trunk lip for closing the trunk doesn't work, neither the "lock" button and i want to check the fuse first but don't know which one it is, so plz anyone point me a direction ...thankx .

#2 ·
My car had the same problem. The dealer took apart the trunk panel where the spring is and the latch had popped out of place. They reinstalled it and it's been working fine since. I don't remember off the top of my head, but if you want more details just let me know.

#3 ·
Roupin said:
My car had the same problem. The dealer took apart the trunk panel where the spring is and the latch had popped out of place. They reinstalled it and it's been working fine since. I don't remember off the top of my head, but if you want more details just let me know.
but my open/close switch inside the car for the trunk is working fine.

please let me know more detail, how much it cost and all that.

#5 ·
Roupin said:
Actually it was covered under warranty. I'll take a look at my car in the morning and will update this thread with more detail.
i figured if it's the springs, then the switch by the driver side door will not work. since my driver side door switch works, i'm guessing it's fuse but i couldn't find the location of the fuse.

#9 ·
are the buttons illuminated at all when the trunk is open?
does your trunk illumination work?
license plate lights working?
its possible you have a defective switch, you could have broken wires in the trunk hinge if you said yes to the previous questions. possible defective rear sam or trunk lid control module.
get it scanned for codes.

#10 ·
Oh snap, totally forgot about this thread. The dealer took apart the panel on the driver's side, even though the pull down mechanism is on the passenger side. So I'm not sure what they repaired or adjusted in there.

When you press the buttons, does it make any noise at all like it wants to pull the trunk lid down?

If you close the trunk manually by hand, is there any resistance or does it just swing down like a non-powered setup?

#11 ·
SLAMMED_C said:
are the buttons illuminated at all when the trunk is open?
does your trunk illumination work?
license plate lights working?
its possible you have a defective switch, you could have broken wires in the trunk hinge if you said yes to the previous questions. possible defective rear sam or trunk lid control module.
get it scanned for codes.
the buttons don't light up, only the E trunk button lights up. trunk illumination works when i have the trunk open, and same as the license plate light.

#12 ·
Roupin said:
Oh snap, totally forgot about this thread. The dealer took apart the panel on the driver's side, even though the pull down mechanism is on the passenger side. So I'm not sure what they repaired or adjusted in there.

When you press the buttons, does it make any noise at all like it wants to pull the trunk lid down?

If you close the trunk manually by hand, is there any resistance or does it just swing down like a non-powered setup?
i think u are talking about the driver side trunk switch, but that's no my problem. my problem are the switchs in the trunk.

#13 ·
No, I was talking about the trunk panel, in the trunk, on the driver's side.

Btw, if the buttons aren't lighting up when the trunk is open, they might not be getting power. There are lights in the buttons that illuminate when the trunk is open.

Where in SoCal are you? Does your car have warranty?

#14 ·
Roupin said:
No, I was talking about the trunk panel, in the trunk, on the driver's side.

Btw, if the buttons aren't lighting up when the trunk is open, they might not be getting power. There are lights in the buttons that illuminate when the trunk is open.

Where in SoCal are you? Does your car have warranty?
yes i do have warranty, but i always like to figure things out myself b4 take it to someone else.

that's my guess, it's not getting power at all that's why i was asking about the fuse but can't find which one it is.

#15 ·
nava405 said:
yes i do have warranty, but i always like to figure things out myself b4 take it to someone else.

that's my guess, it's not getting power at all that's why i was asking about the fuse but can't find which one it is.
I can't figure out where the fuse is since I haven't found my owners manual yet. After the move everything is still boxed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.