Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Linear powerband. Good or bad depending on preference.

·
Registered
383 Posts
the link isn't working properly...

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/22/more-details-on-bmw-m3-powerplant/

420hp isn't bad, lightweight, 85% of its torque available after 2000rpm, 8300rpm redline, isn't bad.

but 295lb-ft of torque!?!?!?! WTF?!?!

I'm sure it'll still outhandle and have better gearing than its competitors, but the torque is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low. a stock 335i has more torque! the powerband is great, but still under 300lb-ft?!?!

I may have to reconsider this one...

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nlpamg said:
420hp isn't bad, lightweight, 85% of its torque available after 2000rpm, 8300rpm redline, isn't bad.

but 295lb-ft of torque!?!?!?! WTF?!?!

I'm sure it'll still outhandle and have better gearing than its competitors, but the torque is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low. a stock 335i has more torque! the powerband is great, but still under 300lb-ft?!?!

I may have to reconsider this one...
Yes exactly. A 335i with a $1500 chip, 360lb-ft torque.

It's sad because everything else on the M3 performance wise is great. I'm sure that high revving V8 is gonna sound awesome to...but 295 torque, bleh :(

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Roupin said:
That said, the C63 should still blow its doors off.

dont count on it, it might but more than likely itll be the same as w/ the e55 and m5.

mb fucks their cars by making 2 overdrive gears, its fuckin retarded

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.