Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious how fast this car is, how hard is it to find a clean example, what's a fair price for a clean one, what colors are available....

Just anything in general about these cars. I've always loved them, but don't know much about them

Are aftermarket mods available for it?

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link :)

I might go for one if I find the right one at the right price. I have a number of cars in mind, but I'm still strapped for space though. Let's just say I won't be actively looking for it, but it'll be hard for me turn away from a clean one if it just happened to cross my path.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
True.

Jump on it if you do however find one.

After I crashed my 300E I was looking for a 500E but a good condition one was still going over 20K so I opted for the E420 instead. One of these days though...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dad has a 500e. Its such a beast, but it doesnt look it. I love that car so hard :C The next best thing I can think of is to try and move as many 500e components as possible onto my 300ce and try and get a taste of the awesome that is the 500e

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
What body style are you talking? I had an '04 E500 (W211) and I loved it. Aside from the random cosmetic accessories, there are only hardcore performance mods. The engine is tried and true, so it has been played with quite a bit. It only has about 30 more hp than yours, but the TQ is nice. Also, airmatic, lush leather, etc are included.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jangy, I was referring to the W124 E500, hence the section I posted it in. I know about the W211 E500 (I used to enjoy racing them in my Buick when they first came out), and my neighbor has one too.

The car I'm talking about is this 1994 beauty...

·
Registered
425 Posts
the 500E's are so bad ass. my buddy has been looking for one for awhile now and it's not the easiest task to do trying to fine a clean one with good mileage on it. total sleeper to the ones who don't know....

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Oh, so the original hammer? I love that car. It made the W211 AMG what it is today. I think that body E500 will be a classic in its own right.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I think they'll be collectibles too, but I want one just to enjoy, not to store away and keep.

Don't drop a feeler just yet, since I'm REALLY strapped for space right now, and don't want to actively look for yet another car. But if I see one sitting around.... :D

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
A friend of mine is selling his 93, My brother almost bought it, but I stopped him. I told him that if he buys one , it has to be a 94, thats the only way to go with those cars. the 92 and 93 look like shit. If anyone is interested, I do believe he is still selling it. It has a Stoptech big brake kit, and some performance mods, as well as 19" amg wheels.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Hey Blue!

It's it the black one with red stoptech brakes?

I was looking into that car before I bought my E420 but it was still priced in the 20K range.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
chrisdpham said:
Hey Blue!

I was looking into that car before I bought my E420 but it was still priced in the 20K range.
Its more of a dark grey, but hes selling it for 15k last time I checked

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Yeah i remember seeing that car - It's nice and all but as you said I would much rather pick up an 94-95 even though I heard the 1992 was the best year of the 500E W124.

Then again I'm fine with my E420... I have more options when it comes to fixing up the exterior.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
blue_monster said:
chrisdpham said:
Hey Blue!

Its more of a dark grey, but hes selling it for 15k last time I checked
he's made so many ads on craiglist its ridiculous, what's his reason for selling it? Oh I saw him on Harbor today too and it does look nice.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Roupin said:
I'm just curious how fast this car is, how hard is it to find a clean example, what's a fair price for a clean one, what colors are available....

Just anything in general about these cars. I've always loved them, but don't know much about them

Are aftermarket mods available for it?
ill tell you all about the best benz ever when i see you :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts