My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Arjang,

What's the final verdict boss? Talk to us.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I am demanding to get the IC upgrade instead of the ECU package. I also expect the upgraded Pulley when released. I will accept no less and I will buy no more.

I have sources that can get us RT stuff much cheaper and we can have our own install arranged. They carry RennTech and VRUS' ne line of items. Please keep that part quiet as VRUS does not want his alliance and business to be public just yet.

I am torn on headers. I want some and it will comlete my pakage. i will try for the cheapest price from RT and see. No pormises there, but I WILL get the IC upgrade for the money I already paid.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jangy said:
I am demanding to get the IC upgrade instead of the ECU package. I also expect the upgraded Pulley when released. I will accept no less and I will buy no more.

I have sources that can get us RT stuff much cheaper and we can have our own install arranged. They carry RennTech and VRUS' ne line of items. Please keep that part quiet as VRUS does not want his alliance and business to be public just yet.

I am torn on headers. I want some and it will comlete my pakage. i will try for the cheapest price from RT and see. No pormises there, but I WILL get the IC upgrade for the money I already paid.
Yeah, Jay and I are doing the same as well since I dont think RT got the ability to tweak the ECU for 06. :smt013

·
Registered
425 Posts
i think i will do the same...wait...RT doesn't make anything for my honda! hahaha. just hit me up when you guys want the stuff installed. i have a hook up with benz mechanics. hahaha.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
exit2Ek said:
i think i will do the same...wait...RT doesn't make anything for my honda! hahaha. just hit me up when you guys want the stuff installed. i have a hook up with benz mechanics. hahaha.
HEY, You need to get back to work!! Hehe!!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Let James know. I already did. I also let him know I'm breaking out and offered him a chance to work with me rather than have me go elsewhere. I would prefer to source RennTech stuff from him. VRUS has been sending me some pretty sweet prices on RennTech stuff. $2699 for stage 1. That is a solid $1K less than we paid. His prices for the stuff he is making himself are even lower and his work is pretty good. We may do some testing for him out here and get free parts that way. R has us a shop with an extra cool cat, so that is set, too. All we need now is a tech we can trust!! I think all the parts are in place, we just need to start the game. I've commited my ride, so it will be the guinea for anything. Fuck the 100K. I just hope I can get 100K miles out of it.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Looks like my deal is finally coming to a close. I found out (from Renn's site) that the stage 1 is indeed $4500. Unfortunately, I could have gotten it for $2699, but we got shafted. At any rate, I rejected the ECU mod and got them to agree to giving me the IC upgrade instead. I will also get the larger pulley when out.
I will need to deal with install of the IC myself.
Quote me!!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Talked to James today about the IC upgrade price. Charles said on Renntech's site, they dropped $500 on that deal so I mentioned that to James to see if we can go lower than $2K. He's not going to go lower than that, may be Jeff should try to wheel and deal with him.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EMPIRE said:
Talked to James today about the IC upgrade price. Charles said on Renntech's site, they dropped $500 on that deal so I mentioned that to James to see if we can go lower than $2K. He's not going to go lower than that, may be Jeff should try to wheel and deal with him.
Yeah, I will have him sell it to us SD CREW for $1500. I will work my magic and let you know...

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Do so. Also, we need to decide what to do moving forward. Do I set up an MB shop independent of Creative / RennTech or do we want to continue to bring him around?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Hey Jeff: Any word on James? Looks like you are the last string to him. I am going back to stock, since the engine has to be removed and the crank replaced!!
Good chance I will sue Renn / Creative if they do not offer some type of reparation by the time the car is back.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Damn bro sorry to hear that. Is the snout damaged??

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Nah, it was just too hard to get the key out without having the access. Also, there was concern on being able to perfectly shave the old pulley parts off without compromising the balance on the crank. I think it is really more of a preventative measure than a need. But, what happens if it gives in a year or so?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jangy said:
Hey Jeff: Any word on James? Looks like you are the last string to him. I am going back to stock, since the engine has to be removed and the crank replaced!!
Good chance I will sue Renn / Creative if they do not offer some type of reparation by the time the car is back.
Naw, did not have time to talk to him but sometime next week. Spoke w/Assan though, your car is being replaced (crankshaft and possibly the motor)... Damn. That's crazy!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
It is crazy. I am so pissed at myself for letting creative touch it again after the first round of issues. I figured the pulley was a no brainer, so may as well try.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Jeff, you may want to let James know I am now on the warpath. My brother did his research and says I have a solid case. I never intended to involve Creative, but have not been happy with his attitude towards me anyway. You may or may not have a relationship with him as mine is dissolved. Out of respect for you I am giving you heads up. If you also do not care, then let him find out when he gets served.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Jang, I just got off the phone with James. He's wondering what the heck is goin on since he said they complied with all of your demand. He said he would give u a call right after, what's the deal?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jangy said:
Jeff, you may want to let James know I am now on the warpath. My brother did his research and says I have a solid case. I never intended to involve Creative, but have not been happy with his attitude towards me anyway. You may or may not have a relationship with him as mine is dissolved. Out of respect for you I am giving you heads up. If you also do not care, then let him find out when he gets served.
Jangster, I dont know anything about it bro. I guess you served him already?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
EMPIRE said:
Jang, I just got off the phone with James. He's wondering what the heck is goin on since he said they complied with all of your demand. He said he would give u a call right after, what's the deal?
Implied with my demands? How? I asked for discounts moving forward, and he sent me arude email saying the headers would be $4995, just for me. You consider that meeting demands? We are in the middle of divide and conquer. If you guys are happy, so be it and I'm glad for ya as my bro.

How the fuck am I suppose to be happy to have a $100K car tore up with new engine rebuild and be happy about?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts