Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go out to Qualcomm and watch Jay55 and his freshly renntech'd E55 and while I was waiting in line to get in, I thought, what the heck, I might as well race too just for shits and giggles...Well the best run of the night, on a track in a middle of a stadium parking lot, was

Reaction Time: 0.678
60 ft Time: 2.074
1/8mi Time: 8.304
Trap Speed: 88.580

Are these times comparables to other S55 kompressor times? What is this translated into the 1/4 mile?

Heres a vid of me getting spanked by a Supercharged GT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybW9LKvWnzo[/youtube]

and then a spanking by Jay55/EMPIRE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT-ffgC9cdU[/youtube]

Okay, thats enough embarrassing the S55. lol

*videos courtesy of Jangy (I think)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,101 Posts
12.865 is the estimated 1/4 mile time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,466 Posts
Mike,

Looks like you need to upgrade to the 65 instead. :rofl:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,101 Posts
W221 FTW!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Look slike the Renntech didn't do shit for Jay!! Just hatin. 8.3 on a stock S55 to a 7.76 on a stage 1 RT E55. Hmm, real gains?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
jangy said:
Look slike the Renntech didn't do shit for Jay!! Just hatin. 8.3 on a stock S55 to a 7.76 on a stage 1 RT E55. Hmm, real gains?
Can only tell in the 1/4. The 1/8 is too short for anything other than a proper launch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roupin said:
jangy said:
Look slike the Renntech didn't do shit for Jay!! Just hatin. 8.3 on a stock S55 to a 7.76 on a stage 1 RT E55. Hmm, real gains?
Can only tell in the 1/4. The 1/8 is too short for anything other than a proper launch.
in the 1/4, the RT stage 1 E55 would rape the stock S55 another hole! :bow:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
SagaSupra said:
Roupin said:
jangy said:
Look slike the Renntech didn't do shit for Jay!! Just hatin. 8.3 on a stock S55 to a 7.76 on a stage 1 RT E55. Hmm, real gains?
Can only tell in the 1/4. The 1/8 is too short for anything other than a proper launch.
in the 1/4, the RT stage 1 E55 would the stock S55 another hole! :bow:
5 exhaust tips FTMFW!! HAHAHAH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,466 Posts
jangy said:
Look slike the Renntech didn't do shit for Jay!! Just hatin. 8.3 on a stock S55 to a 7.76 on a stage 1 RT E55. Hmm, real gains?
We really need to do the 1/4 to really tell...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EMPIRE said:
jangy said:
Look slike the Renntech didn't do shit for Jay!! Just hatin. 8.3 on a stock S55 to a 7.76 on a stage 1 RT E55. Hmm, real gains?
Oh shit, here we go again.
:popcorn:
Im down. this time, imma tape up my rear bumper so i dont have to detail the rubber off :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
I might go to Palmdale back to Fontana again to run 1/4 mile. If they can put an event together, then I'll get a PM on MBW.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
SagaSupra said:
EMPIRE said:
jangy said:
Look slike the Renntech didn't do shit for Jay!! Just hatin. 8.3 on a stock S55 to a 7.76 on a stage 1 RT E55. Hmm, real gains?
Oh shit, here we go again.
:popcorn:
Im down. this time, imma tape up my rear bumper so i dont have to detail the rubber off :thumbup:
Leave the rubber on there!

Most of our cars have rubber in the wheelwells :clap:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
My Buick still has the rubber on the rear 1/4 panels. Doesn't bother me, although most people who look at it get deer eyes. I guess my car doesn't fit the image.

Then again, I don't treat it like a show car either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
Yeah Mike, why have a fast Supra w/out running it? Fix the starter and let's go, I'll be spectating to watch u head up against Keith.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EMPIRE said:
Yeah Mike, why have a fast Supra w/out running it? Fix the starter and let's go, I'll be spectating to watch u head up against Keith.
100% sure its not the starter. 100% sure its not the battery :dunno:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,101 Posts
EMPIRE said:
Yeah Mike, why have a fast Supra w/out running it? Fix the starter and let's go, I'll be spectating to watch u head up against Keith.
We know who will win. :rofl:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top