Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising down the freeway today and was playing around with the car when I noticed a black Cadillac STS-V hauling as between cars in traffic. Always looking for a challenge, no matter what it is, I jumped after it and caught it. He kept slowing down in his lane, dropping 1st and running WOT to redline. I got sick of watching that from behind, so I pulled some moves and ended up in front of him. I dropped 1st, slowed him down and then punched it as well. He didn't want to go, so I pulled into the next lane and let him come up.

Me: Nice car. I've never seen one open up before.

Moron: Ya it's a blast

Me: I only see old people barely cruising the speed limit most of the time

Moron: Nahh this is a monster

Me: Is it stock?

Moron: I'm making 550 horsepower with it right now...STAGE 1!!!

Me: Sweet

Moron: I'm going to buy a stage 3 soon, and then i'll have 685 horses AT THE REAR WHEELS!

Me: Sure, ya, later.

And with that I gave him a thumbsup, changed a few lanes and left. As soon as he said 685 RWHP, I was outta there. Either he thought he's pulling a fast one or he's really a moron. I choose to believe the latter.

The car had an exhaust, but sure as hell wasn't making 550 horses. It couldn't even chirp the tires during his 1st gear punches.

Moron :wack:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but traction control allows at least a chirp before it kicks in. Cadillac's traction control is much more lenient than MB's. With our Fleetwood I can even leave intermittent patches of rubber with traction on.

Thing is, his rear wheels weren't even fighting for traction. Vadim's E55 would have raped this thing all over town.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Hahahahaa... I raced a black one about a week ago going up from SD to LA. Some black dude was driving it, needless to say he only saw my quad-exhaust and I beat my personal record of 147mph top speed...

The guy was cool about it after a while and we gave each other thumb up after ~15 minutes of playing. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was a big white dude, about 30, shaved head and a goatee.

When I initially got in front of him, he started shaking his finger at me :wtf:
That's when I dropped 1st gear and slowed him down :clap:

He woulda smoked me for sure if the road opened up, but he definitely wasn't making 550 horses. He wasn't too sharp between cars either and kept getting stuck. A few miles down the road I slowed down and started to cruise....he caught up like 5 mins later :wack:

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
JmanE55 said:
Hahahahaa... I raced a black one about a week ago going up from SD to LA. Some black dude was driving it, needless to say he only saw my quad-exhaust and I beat my personal record of 147mph top speed...

The guy was cool about it after a while and we gave each other thumb up after ~15 minutes of playing. :rofl:
:clap: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
147 MPH? God daaamnn!

I wonder how well I would do against a CTS-V. I would say I am around 315-330 AWHP. Other Evos with less are puttin down crazier numbers. I know I would lose but would be fun to play around with. I am always trying to have fun with C5 Vettes but they dont want to play. :(

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
AMG_55 said:
JmanE55 said:

:clap: :thumbup:
Vadim,

Im sure you done better on the top end with your P-car heh?

pog0 said:
147 MPH? God daaamnn!

I wonder how well I would do against a CTS-V. I would say I am around 315-330 AWHP. Other Evos with less are puttin down crazier numbers. I know I would lose but would be fun to play around with. I am always trying to have fun with C5 Vettes but they dont want to play.
I know a guy locally w/a CTS-V, if you want to play, I will ask him and may be we can hook up one early morning to do a few runs. :drive:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sure. I would love to do that. I am trying to find another M3 that is similar to Dut's old M3 to play with. I think I would be able to hang with a near stock M3, the CTS-V I should be able to hang from start to stop... Top end I would be eaten alive but it would still be very fun. Next Julian run?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
pog0 said:
Sure. I would love to do that. I am trying to find another M3 that is similar to Dut's old M3 to play with. I think I would be able to hang with a near stock M3, the CTS-V I should be able to hang from start to stop... Top end I would be eaten alive but it would still be very fun. Next Julian run?
Yeah, sounds good. Let me know what date a few days in advance so that I can arrange it with him.

·
Registered
73,800 Posts
pog0 said:
I think you can beat an m3, I have a friend thats down - but he has an intake and a chip I think.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Different sedans like E-class vs C-class? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Yeah, set it up. I just wanna race for fun. Just like the CTS-V. I know 1/4 I would probably win... Especially with race gas and using high octane map.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
dut said:
SDSilverM3 said:
Different sedans like E-class vs C-class? :dunno:
In this case its a C class vs. an S class.. GET IT?!?!?!? HAR HAR HAR
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dut said:
Whats the difference between an STS-V and a CTS-V?

Nm - I think the STS has like 100hp less?
CTS-V:
Naturally Aspirated LS2 engine, 400hp and 395 torque
It's between the size of a C-Class and E-Class
T56 6 speed manual
$48k

STS-V:
Supercharged 4.4 Liter Northstar V8, 469hp, don't remember the torque rating
6 Speed Auto trans
$70k

They both run low 13's, although some owners claim to have hit high 12's.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I couldnt even find that on their site. I must suck at the internet.

I would get killed on the freeway by an STS-V. 469 HP, that's 180 more. I need a GT30. Ling, want to sponsor me? Or does anyone want to sponsor me? I drive 30k+ miles a year, lots of exposure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts