Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year and a half of owning the S Class, i finally decided to kick off Project S55. Maybe its not really a project since the plans are very simple but sweet. Nonetheless, it's hard to find a reputable shop to leave your $120k + car and fully trust that its in good hands. Anyways, I ordered a Renntech ELM last Thursday and by Monday morning, my Benz was lowered beautifully. The ELM works flawless and the install was TOP NOTCH. Everything was professionally soldered and any extra wires were tied up nicely together. The instrx from Renntech had a number of mistakes but the Group 5 tech, Tyler was able to correct the issue and have my car running nicely without any check engine lights.

So now i'm riding low and am looking high and low for rims. Group 5's Albert took time out of his busy schedule and helped me go through all the options that i have considered and contacted all the right people to show me what finishes are avail and would look good. I finally decided on going with Radenergies R10 in a 20x9 and 20x10 fitment with Toyo T1r tires. The wheels looked absolutely flawless and the tread design on the tires rock! After mounting the tires onto the rim, we ran into some hick ups with the install and needed some parts to be replaced.

Well, I stopped by Troy's shop after work yesterday and he made a few phone calls and made everything come together. Thanks to the awesome relationship that Group 5 has with Wheelpower/Radenergie, they didnt question a thing and is going to be sending the Wheelcaps and lugs to San Diego.

Anyways Kudos to the SD Crew and kudos to fantastic customer service from Group 5 and Wheelpower.

They have always provided wonderful service in the past and continue to do so today. If you guys are looking for anything done to your car, BE SURE to give GROUP 5 the opportunity! :thumbup:

and for those wondering, pictures to be coming SOON

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Very nice. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
The only thing missing is of course....

Pics or ban!! :rofl:

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Ling, how come I get no love from you with my cars?

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
JmanE55 said:
Ling, how come I get no love from you with my cars?
That's all Eric. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
I gotta meet Eric too. Gotta drop it first and tint the taillights though :thumbup:

Great feedback Mike and thanks for sharing your experience!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
03c4s said:
Should be riding pretty....lowered..
R, we definately need some shots together! the 2 black AMGS on diamond cut Rad 10s

Roupin said:
I gotta meet Eric too. Gotta drop it first and tint the taillights though :thumbup:

Great feedback Mike and thanks for sharing your experience!
Yeah, i think it was due. Ive been in the scene for over ten years now and have dealt with alot of tuners, and this is the first time that I actually felt a business deserves recognition

1 - 11 of 11 Posts