My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 639 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since we're all amazing drivers in GT4, how about a little challenge?

Let's pick a Car (Example: E55),
pick a Track (Example: Seattle),
Any Modifications and Tune,
and post your best lap time.

All races will be individual solo races in the City Courses, to prevent any drafting or advantages by the other cars. The only standard requirement is R3 tires

Of course the car and the track have to be common to make this worthwhile, and everyone will obviously be modifying their car. For those who set a lap time record, post your settings as well.

Anything goes on the track, since we can't control how everyone drives. Use the wall, use NOS, do anything you want, but just do it.

Let's start with a mid-level performing car and an intermediate track as a starting point. How's the idea?

Once per week we'll decide on a track and a car, and each challenge will last one week long (just to give everyone interested a chance to participate).

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Not that any of you would cheat or anything but snap a pic of the laptime. :D

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Roupin, you're on. I'm bored so I popped in GT4 for the first time in like a year.

Regular E46 M3 all mods, Trial Mountain (normal). Will post time shortly.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woot! A challenger!

I'll buy one tomorrow, tune it and post up as well. This is going to be cool :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
1:23.449

All mods except tranny and stock wheels if it matters any. My head hurts now. :wall:

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
we gotta play in arcade time trial for any of this to be really meaningful :dunno:

arcade, time trial

Renault turbo5 (the old one) @ trial mountain
20% + power
10% - weight
soft tires
all esp systems off

also;

bmw m5 w/ all the above specs @ El Capitan (normal)

toyota minolta racecar @ nurburgring w/ above specs (+pwr, - weigh etc...., super soft racing tires)

any one down? :drive:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Doesn't arcade time trial exclude mods?

I just went into practice session at the track.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
you can go into settings and add up to 20% hp and take out 10% weight

but cant tune the suspension etc.. so every one is driving the same car, just with more power (same amount for everyone, oil changes effect power in simulation so itll never be the same for everyone)

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
LOL, what? No mods? You can't roll stock! :wack:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
It's all part of the skill level. Tuning included. That should be a no-brainer for you canyon carver. :D

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
It's all part of the skill level. Tuning included. That should be a no-brainer for you canyon carver. :D
ok

lets do time trial w/ fully moded renault turbo5's on supersoft racing tires :drive:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Damn, I'm gonna have to win/buy that car.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
LOL, still got 1.8 mil in the bank.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SDSilverM3 said:

All mods except tranny and stock wheels if it matters any. My head hurts now. :wall:
Damn, I thought I was ahead of you so I just turned it off...

1:25.271

I'll do better with some time to tune the car tomorrow. I was running a smooth track setting (slammed with high spring rates).

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Roupin said:
SDSilverM3 said:

Damn, I thought I was ahead of you so I just turned it off...

1:25.271

I'll do better with some time to tune the car tomorrow. I was running a smooth track setting (slammed with high spring rates).
I did the same exact thing the first couple of runs. Shit was bouncing all over the place then I raised it up a few mm's. It was better but the car understeers too much. :drive:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine has zero understeer....2.6 front camber with the sway bar set at 7. If anything, mine is a bit tail happy.

1 - 20 of 639 Posts