Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on purchasing a set of Hella Off-Road lights for the ML but i have a few quick questions to ask befor I decide to pull the trigger. Where the hell do I mount them? I dont have a brish guard or anything, and ive seen people mount Off-Road lights on the roof of their cars , but how the hell do they do it? Any help would be appreciated :D

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont you think that would be a bad location considering all he dips and shit that the Ml would go through in a typical Off-Road scenario?

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
It depends how sturdy the bumper is, or if it had a support underneath that you can attach the lights to. If not, look into a bumper guard.

·
Registered
371 Posts
lights would be broken for sure in a stunt like this:

I'd say to put them up top above the windshield with some sort of bracket holder.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
They make brakets that fit onto your roof rack rails. Better yet, get a nice roof racka nd mount the lights to it. SEXXXY!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
i'll find some more pics to post of the MLs that run the annual Paris-to-Dakkar rally

I remember seeing quite a few options to roof-rack mounted Hella lights.

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
They should make some brackets that fit very close to the front of the rails where you can mount them. You'll find to find sturdy ones though.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Right on top of the roof... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts