Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a frequenter of MBWorld & Benzworld; just thought I'd drop by and see if there who's here.

Here are a couple pics of my ML350 & M3. Putting AMG 20x10s on the ML this weekend.

Cheers,

Greg



 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,101 Posts
Nice pics and cars Greg. Welcome aboard.

Oregon is so green compared to San Diego. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,702 Posts
Welcome Greg
Glad to see you here :)

We need as many ML guys as we can get.

Yup, you def. have some skills with the camera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,466 Posts
Welcome Greg... Your M3 is clean. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OT: M3

EMPIRE said:
Love that M3, still one of my fav from Bahvarian Motor Works (I think that's how you spell it).
Yeah, mine too. I've got the '08 on pre-order, but the looks will need to grow on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,591 Posts
Welcome!! :drink:
Very clean m3 :thumbup: :clap:
you should definitely make a "garage" page (click on "garage" in the header) for it and post pics in the garage forum.
btw,
beautiful pics :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AMG_55 said:
Welcome!! :drink:
you should definitely make a "garage" page (click on "garage" in the header) for it and post pics in the garage forum.
btw,
beautiful pics :)
Done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,645 Posts
welcome to the boards. beautiful pics and awesome cars!

One of my friends moved to oregon for law school and in a few months, her car was completely dnged up from hale....poor poor girl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SagaSupra said:
welcome to the boards. beautiful pics and awesome cars!

One of my friends moved to oregon for law school and in a few months, her car was completely dnged up from hale....poor poor girl.
Thanks. Northwestern School of Law at Lewis & Clark? Too bad--I haven't had any hail damage in my 34 years here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,591 Posts
GregW / Oregon said:
AMG_55 said:
Welcome!! :drink:
you should definitely make a "garage" page (click on "garage" in the header) for it and post pics in the garage forum.
btw,
beautiful pics :)
Done.
:thumbup: :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OT: M3

AsianML said:
EMPIRE said:
Love that M3, still one of my fav from Bahvarian Motor Works (I think that's how you spell it).
Bayerische Motoren Werke. :D
Well, it's my favorite car so far--we'll see how the next V8 M3 stacks up in the next year.

:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OT: E92 M3

AMG_55 said:
will you be getting a stick?
the weight is supposed to be up :thumbdown:
Yes, probably a stick. I'd consider the DSG-type coming out, but it will not be out on launch. Weight concerns me. Hopefully with CF roof, plastic front fenders, aluminum hood, etc. it won't go much above 3,500 lbs. Still far less than the RS4, with equal or greater power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
M3s have gone more mainstream ever since the 2.3 liter 16 valvers. They don't race them anymore, so no need to make them just for that. the initial M3s weren't even designed to be sold. I loved that they took a 3 series body and cut two inches off the wheelbase!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OT: E92 M3

jangy said:
M3s have gone more mainstream ever since the 2.3 liter 16 valvers. They don't race them anymore, so no need to make them just for that. the initial M3s weren't even designed to be sold.
Not true--BMW races the 3-series in the FIA World Touring Car Championship and is leading it: http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/curitiba/2007/sport_sto1117925.shtml and privateers race M3s extenisively in the US: http://www.bimmerworldracing.com/data/index.html, http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/index_racing.asp.

But, you're right that the car is bending to marketing to the biggest audience now and not as pure a statement as the E30.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top