Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the other night, i let my buddy drive my car for a little. he noticed that my high beams didnt flash when he pulled the turn signal lever towards him. most cars do give a quick flash if you pull the turn signal lever towards you. my question is: is there a malfunction with my turn signal lever or is it just not supposed to do that? :dunno:

-OG

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
OG said:
so the other night, i let my buddy drive my car for a little. he noticed that my high beams didnt flash when he pulled the turn signal lever towards him. most cars do give a quick flash if you pull the turn signal lever towards you. my question is: is there a malfunction with my turn signal lever or is it just not supposed to do that? :dunno:

-OG
Something must be wrong, because when the lever is "pulled" toward you it is supposed to flash the high beams. I don't know what it would be connected to that would not let it function, sorry. :dunno: BTW, do your high beams work at all? If they do, it is probably jus a short or something. Good luck :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Pull towards you to flash, push away to keep them on. Try it repeatedly for like 20 times in case it's "gummied" up in there. If it doesn't work it *might* just be dirty contacts in the multifunctin lever.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah...my high beams work when the lever is pushed away from you but not pulled towards you...i will have to check it out...thanks.

-OG

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
OG said:
yeah...my high beams work when the lever is pushed away from you but not pulled towards you...i will have to check it out...thanks.

-OG
Yep, do what Roupin said, just jiggle the lever back and forth to make sure it isn't a glorious Coke spill from the previous owner. All my window buttons are gummied from the great Coke spill of '98. Good luck :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts