My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some support from my buddies. My car is still in the shop at UAG in San Diego. Leon, Shelle's boyfriend is trying to make sure the car is perfect for me. He is going over it with a fine tooth comb, and going above and beyond what I expected. I know it's worth the wait to have him work on my car, but I miss the darn thing. It's been two months since I really stomped that throttle. Nothing is better than getting in your baby, turning on your favorite tunes, and passing some dumb fool that doesn't understand or know what's under your hood. SIGH Do they have a support group for this kind of thing? LOL :cry1:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
trust me i know the feeling, my supra has been sitting idle for over a year. makes me want to just cry and push it over a cliff. ne ways, we're here for ya...a community of people with the most expensive hobby ever

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Angela, there is a group called AMG anonymous in SD... :rofl:

On a serious side, what's being done, why is it taking so long and when will your car be ready?

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Angela, you need to check back more often :D

Why is it taking so long? Your car has been there forever :dunno:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have only been working on the car for a couple of weeks. I got hit by two fools all in the same week. Some illegal hit the front with no insurance, and someone backed into the side four days later. I am paying $600.00 out of my own pocket to have MB work on the car. They had to order factory parts which took time.

I also had the car jacked up in the garage waiting for HRE to repair the damage on my wheels for hitting a speed bump to fast. DUH! It took them a month to repair them. So between the wheels and the accident I am without my baby. I guess the good thing is that my front bumper with the paint chips will be painted.

Thank you for the support guys. It's hard to be without my baby.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Murtaza said:
What car is it? Hope you get it back soon ;)
It's my modified 211. I have been driving the purple PT Cruiser they gave me to keep the miles off my 210. I laughed so hard the other day...I churped the four banger in second. Give me a crappy rental car and I'm gonna drive it like I stole it. Poor car! LOL

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
BENZGal said:
They have only been working on the car for a couple of weeks. I got hit by two fools all in the same week. Some illegal hit the front with no insurance, and someone backed into the side four days later. I am paying $600.00 out of my own pocket to have MB work on the car. They had to order factory parts which took time.

I also had the car jacked up in the garage waiting for HRE to repair the damage on my wheels for hitting a speed bump to fast. DUH! It took them a month to repair them. So between the wheels and the accident I am without my baby. I guess the good thing is that my front bumper with the paint chips will be painted.

Thank you for the support guys. It's hard to be without my baby.
Oh I didn't know about the 2nd accident. Sorry to hear :(

Hope that speedbump wasn't my fault :wall:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
BENZGal said:
Murtaza said:
It's my modified 211. I have been driving the purple PT Cruiser they gave me to keep the miles off my 210. I laughed so hard the other day...I churped the four banger in second. Give me a crappy rental car and I'm gonna drive it like I stole it. Poor car! LOL
that is the only way to do it to a rental :drive:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
BENZGal said:
Murtaza said:
You mean you are driving the speed limit, signaling all lane changes, both hands on the wheel and nervously checking the rearview? :rofl:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I feel ya, girl. It was sooooo nice to get my baby back. The grin will return to your face. it is better to wait and have it done right. I'm glad you have it at a place you trust. let me know the outcome. The only reason I would even consider UAB is because of Leon. Other than that, they are not at the top of my list in SD. That may change, depending on your experience. Good luck girl!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Roupin said:
You mean you are driving the speed limit, signaling all lane changes, both hands on the wheel and nervously checking the rearview? :rofl:
someone knows the routine :rofl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Huh? You guys lost me with the last comment.

Thank you Janster. How is the car doing? How much did it cost you if any?

I'm pretty sure that Leon is the best man for the job. I will let you guys know.

I am going through speed withdrawls. Yes, I am driving the speed limit in this purple piece of crap. I had a moped pass me a few weeks ago. I hit rock bottom. :eek:hnoes:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Look at this way Angela. At least you'll have something to look forward to after driving the PT. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EMPIRE said:
Hi Benzgal,
your car is at MBSD? Let me swing over there and borrow your ic and exhaust real quick : )
Hi doll face!
How are you? It's a deal....you can have the IC and I get all your CD's.
Yup...my car is in the hood.
Miss seeing you.

Ling,
You are so right! I can't imagine why anyone would buy this lame car. Not so much for the outside, but the inside sucks. I will take a pic of it tonight so you guys can laugh at me. Too bad you were not here Ling I would have you take some pics of me in it for blackmail. LOL

1 - 20 of 59 Posts