My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbup:

Looks pretty nice. I didn't get to compare it to anything, but I had heard it is the size of teh ASP and is liquid dampened (gel)

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
jangy said:

Looks pretty nice. I didn't get to compare it to anything, but I had heard it is the size of teh ASP and is liquid dampened (gel)
Did you see it in person or via photo? Looks like you got some good sources for RT stuff now heh?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It must be. You should make sure you get it. Let me know if you have issues, Cahrles. i want all of this fixed so we can all be happy and do our thing. James and RennTech want us happy as well.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If Ken from RT is coming out next week to tune my car, he might as well give me the new pulley and tune it for that. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone, otherwise he'll be coming back out again

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Find out and get it done, bro. the thing looks sweet. I saw it installed, but still was nice.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i'm not sure if the new pulley is the same size diameter as the original. one at creative does have the fluid damper but may still be the same size. not to sure though.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've talked to Ken from RT about the pulley before, and he said it is slightly larger than the RT pulley. A little bit more boost to go with their IC upgrade. Its not going to be a huge increase in power like the stage one, but just a slight bump

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is definitely bigger. The ECU tuning becomes more important as the air increases. I'd expect boost to add a single pis, whereas your stage 1 added 2-3. It gets to the point of diminishing returns.

·
Registered
70 Posts
jangy said:

hey bro i talked to renntech and they said their pully isnt out yet it still has more testin to do.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I saw it also on the SL this weekend when I dropped off my car at Creative, and James is trying to get one for my car as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
chukiechz said:
I saw it also on the SL this weekend when I dropped off my car at Creative, and James is trying to get one for my car as well.
did you see the renntech stamp on it? if not it could be anything, asp, evotech who knows? call renn your self its not out yet! or maybe these are gonna be test mules. renn even said they are gonna make adjustments to their warranty cuzz the pully is gonna put strees on the motor.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I didnt look at it too closely as it was already on the car. I know it was a RT part since everything else he got is also RT. Headers, airbox, TB, toe links, ic upgrade. The owner is getting the stage 5 package.

·
Registered
70 Posts
something is fishy here! why would renn say its not out yet? i would ask if its a test part or if its even a renn product. then call renn yourself. id hate to see something go wrong with your car and its not covered by renn.

·
Registered
880 Posts
no idea. maybe its just not out for general sale yet. Ken is coming to tune our cars, so maybe thats why they're letting us have them since we're getting the IC upgrade??

Maybe they arent ready to have them available with cookie cutter flash software, and they still need some custom tweaking.

but yeah, if my warranty is going to go bye-bye, then forget it!!!!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ROCKETW19 said:
jangy did you get any HP quotes over the stage 1 pully from your installer?
Nope. I was only interested since the car was there and I am an enthusiast. The client who had it is no test mule. He assumes his is the first released to the wild.

Don't get mad at us, bro. We are simply telling the truth, like we have the entire time. Not saying there aren't fish in the water. Just saying I'm not one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
SI's got a power package for all blown 55s as well. So if ya'll are looking for reliable alternatives, well I'm not just saying it to sell it, I've seen the tuning to believe it. $3499 installed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
jangy said:
ROCKETW19 said:
jangy did you get any HP quotes over the stage 1 pully from your installer?
Nope. I was only interested since the car was there and I am an enthusiast. The client who had it is no test mule. He assumes his is the first released to the wild.

Don't get mad at us, bro. We are simply telling the truth, like we have the entire time. Not saying there aren't fish in the water. Just saying I'm not one.
no no bro you got it all wrong im not mad at all. i just dont want them to sell you something that it isnt. i dont think your not tellin the truth maybe you were told something that isnt true. maybe i was, i dont see why bob at renn would say they are not out yet it still needs lots of tests and they are gonna change the warranty. from my convo with him im not gettin it ever for 10 more HP im not gonna mess with my warranty or my engine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts