Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today my friend and i decided to do a lil offroading in my family's beater 98 ML320. The has about 134K on the clock and i use this thing whenever i feel the need to catch a lil air. What started out as a trail , ended up being a 3500 foot ascent in to the top of the Saddleback mountains near Orange,Ca. At first it looked like a lil trail so we took and and followed it for about 15 mins. After the first 15 mins we started going upwards and we realized taht this coul lead us to the top of a mountain of somesort. so we took that trail for about 45 mins and by god it did. At about 3500 feet, it was snowing like crazy, it was about 25 Degrees, and it was by far one of the most beautiful sights i had ever seen. Who knew that less than 30 mins from anaheim hills, there would be FVCKING SNOW!!! It was amazing, soo amazing infact that tomorrow I plan on going back up there with my camera and take pics. Ill post pics once i take them tomorrow.

As for the ML, this thing is a champ. 133K miles running strong. The tranny is beginning to slip and the brakes need to be replaced asap but other than that this thing can take a beating like no other. I plan on modifying it a lil bit by adding bigger tires 32" 265's all around to be exact, a brush guard with 2 Hella Lights, Bilstein Shocks, Brambo X-drilled / Slotted Rotors, Flowmaster custom exhaust, and a Custom Intake With a K&N Filter. Ill keep you guys posted on the project once i start.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
hi its me arya said:
BTW if anybody finds any MODS that would be worth getting for Project ML Offroad, Please let me know :D
i have off road light for sale, see them in the classified section, make me an offer :dunno:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I would fabricate some skid plates. ANy machine shop can do it and it'll protect the underbody if you do any hardcore stuff, like me.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im about to head back up there in about 30 Mins.

A Lil update on the car:

Last night i installed a set of H7 Bluish Bulbs. They look great and the light output is a little more than stock.

This morning i took the car to a muffler shop and i had to OEM "coffee table" muffler cut and i had them weld in a Dual inlet, Single outlet Magnaflow muffler. Its not too loud and it sounds awesome. Its perfect because my family wont notice its there, but at the same time it gives that little performace increase that were all hungry for. Cost about 120 dollars including labor. Ill have a vid up after i come back from off-roading

ILL BE SURE TO TAKE PICS TODAY!!

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
hi its me arya said:
AMG_55 said:
nice, any jumps?
any jumps.....about 409456 jumps lol. I think i got about 3 feet of air at one point :rofl:

:thumbup: :clap:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts