Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the latest issue of Car & Driver and came across an E320 Bluetec article. Here's a quote from the article...

Our E320's 0-60 time of 6.8 seconds trails the E350 Sport's by 0.9 second...
When did they test an E350 in 5.9 seconds? Can it really be that fast? A 5.9 second 0-60 would translate to a low 14's 1/4 mile time.

I raced Murtaza's stock SL500 and lost by 2 carlengths off the line to 70mph, so I AM a bit skeptical here. Is it just me or does this sound optimistic?

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
:dunno:

everything (reasonable) is possible

its not unreasonnable to believe that that car w/ that driver on that track on that day did a 5.9 run to 60

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but that's a solid 0.5 seconds more than every other test I've seen. To knock a half second off the launch is a big deal.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Roupin said:
Yeah but that's a solid 0.5 seconds more than every other test I've seen. To knock a half second off the launch is a big deal.
not all cars/tracks/drivers are the same :dunno:

ive seen a 4.5 0-60 for a clk55 and 3.9 for my car :dunno:

as i said, its not unreasonable

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FreshBenz said:
5.9?? no, i think the 5.9 is for the E550 not 350.
E550 runs to 60 in 4.8 seconds.

E350's 5.9 is reasonable, WITH a perfect launch. With a weenie V6 like this one, the launch is everything.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Yeah, the E550 aint no joke.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
AMG_55 said:
+1

as fast as, if not faster top end thanks to the 7speed, the old 210, 208, 209, 203 amg's :clap:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

anyway's Roupin it has to be possible because I can beat a 300c to 85 and the run low low 14's and like 6.1 sec. 0-60's then I think it's possible
In the race I took him by 2 cars at launch and then he caught up by a car and then at 85 he passed me and by 120 he had 3-4 cars on me :( my top end sucks :(, oh and I spun(didn't know there was gravel on the street :wall: )

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A 300C took you at topend? :wtf:
I've been trying to line up with one. I used to know a guy with one and it felt nothing faster than a 15 second car. To prove his point that it runs 13's he took it to the track and ran a mid 15's at the track too :dunno:

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Roupin said:
A 300C took you at topend? :wtf:
I've been trying to line up with one. I used to know a guy with one and it felt nothing faster than a 15 second car. To prove his point that it runs 13's he took it to the track and ran a mid 15's at the track too :dunno:
He had a Hemi and an intake :dunno: he just took me in the top end, fucking V8's :(

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
blackC said:
He had a Hemi and an intake :dunno: he just took me in the top end, f***ing V8's :(
When I can line up with one I'll report back with the results :drive:

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Roupin said:
When I can line up with one I'll report back with the results :drive:
Let me know, you can probably out launch them, and also remember some have different gears in their rears and that could be the difference in a fast one and a slow one :dunno:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.