My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to upgrade my speakers all around but i dont want to break anything that would make my car looking all broken apart.. and i cant seem to find a DIY speakers which i thought would be the easiest thing... but if someone knows the site i can look at that would be really helpfull.. thank you

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Here is a DIY on how to remove the door panel. LINK

The speakers are held with 3 torx screws. You will need to get adapter rings to mount the new speakers. Or you can cut the oem speaker in half remove the paper speaker and leads. And then glue the new speaker in place.

Here are a few pics of when I did mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
its real easy. But C24 you know where I can get either used oem speakers cheap or just the surrounds, I wanna do what you did but of course I threw away my original speakers like an idiot and proceeded to screw my new ones into my door :nuts: this was a while ago when i was dumb, and now I want to go back and do it right with these new speakers I am getting.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Flash said:
its real easy. But C24 you know where I can get either used oem speakers cheap or just the surrounds, I wanna do what you did but of course I threw away my original speakers like an idiot and proceeded to screw my new ones into my door :nuts: this was a while ago when i was dumb, and now I want to go back and do it right with these new speakers I am getting.

You can buy the brackets through Crutchfield.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts