Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a lot of fast cars but this by far is one of the smoothest yet. My only issue is the body roll. I am interested in buying Kleeman shocks. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a set? Is there something else out there that would help stabilize the car in the corners?

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome aboard. :wave:

You will find other options to help stabilize the car that are less expensive than the Kleemann shocks. KW and Bilstein offers full coilovers for what the Kleemann shocks cost by themselves. The KW coilovers are on special in the Sponsor forum please check that out if interested. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Welcome...
Nice car :clap:

Since everybody here is a :picwhore:
we need pics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the welcome guys. I will go with the KW's or PSS9. Will the ride be considerably more harsh that what the car is currently?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Congrats on the Purchase!!! i woudl go with the KW V2's for sure. You will be able to adjust the damping on the coils so you can set it to whatever you want to to feel like :)

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and welcome

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
psuball1 said:
thanks for the welcome guys. I will go with the KW's or PSS9. Will the ride be considerably more harsh that what the car is currently?
The answer to that is "it depends". They both offer you the flexibility of adjusting the dampening. Ride height will also affect the ride quality as well. You will most likely want to run stiffer when your car is at the lower heights to avoid bottoming out. I know you mentioned on MBW that you did not really want to lower the car so you should have no issues running softer. The KW's can ride softer than stock but as with any other suspension handling will be somewhat compromised.

·
Registered
221 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys have been very helpful. I actually found out about this particular forum from Ryan T Frausel/service advisor at MBSD. I will actually go with the KW's. I really do not want to lower the car but I assume that at the minimum lowering setting it should not be too bad. I have lowered almost everycar I have owned in the past and I always messed them up.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
psuball1 said:
You guys have been very helpful. I actually found out about this particular forum from Ryan T Frausel/service advisor at MBSD. I will actually go with the KW's. I really do not want to lower the car but I assume that at the minimum lowering setting it should not be too bad. I have lowered almost everycar I have owned in the past and I always messed them up.
i suggest lowering it a tiny bit at least (1 in or so) b/c any time you lower the center of gravity it GREATLY improves the handling characteristics. also, a more aggresive alignment would really help. im not sure if you need the kit for the front, i did on my clk55, but it will really improve the car and help outside shoulder tire wear, which is horrible in hard driving

1 - 20 of 20 Posts