Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best wireless internet setup for a laptop? I want to use my laptop whenever and wherever,right now Im relying on whatever it finds.At home it goes through my router,but at work(travel)it has to hunt for broadband.

Verizon wireless plan any good?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Hell no. I've been using the sprint one for years and it rocks!! it also adds a phone number too. I pay my regular fees for my phones and an additional $15 per month for this one.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing I do know is,all of the major cell companies have been investing ALOT of money into new cell sites and upgrading the old ones.This has been going on strong for the last 3-4 years.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
dut said:
Heard Verizon is the "fastest"
I've the Verizon wireless DSL and it ROCKS. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Verizon is where it's at with the wireless air cards. Jeff has one and will tell you the same thing. I did the pilot testing for the Verizon stuff and it was fast back then and would have only gotten better.

I'm not sure how Sprint is nowadays after the Nextel merger but coverage was a problem back in the day. I had zero coverage at places I needed to be at.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Sprint did have bad coverage, especially near the beach. But, what other company gives you full time internet access AND a pphone number for $15? Most cards don't even have phone access.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a big difference in net speed between the broadband access and the regular acces through Verizon?

79.99 a month for unlimited access.

What card is the best one to buy?

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
The Sierra card from Verizon had a phone number attached to it also. You had to hook up a headset to the card though so that was a little akward.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The extra number doesnt do me anything.i just want to be able to use my laptop wherever,gets boring at work sometimes.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Jrocket said:
Is there a big difference in net speed between the broadband access and the regular acces through Verizon?

YESSS there is HUUUGE difference. I've tried both and the broadband is 10000000x better.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SDSilverM3 said:
Jrocket said:

YESSS there is HUUUGE difference. I've tried both and the broadband is 10000000x better.
Sheeeeesh,thats alot of zero's.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
The Sierra card from Verizon had a phone number attached to it also. You had to hook up a headset to the card though so that was a little akward.
That is how mine is. i have the Jabra BT setup on it.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
SDSilverM3 said:
Jrocket said:

Agreed. My old sprint was so slow. The new one is like DSL (almosst)

I considered changing brands, but $15/month is tought to beat with all the features.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i have verizon for my laptop..the only complaint i have is i cant stream videos..but whatever..i just let it load for a second longer.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do they give a discount if you already have a cell phone account?Group the bill all into one deal for you?

·
Registered
871 Posts
i just lowered my plan from unlimited mins to 1000 mins and then pay liek 10 bucks or so a month extra for the wireless broadband. so in end i save about 30 bucks amonth... im starting to text more than talk on the phone now anyway...i never think it would happen, but im starting to out-text my gf...i can do it with my eyes closed now, im so ashamed of myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts