Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's this sick SL55 on ebay that has SL65 wheels and is fully loaded...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...oryZ6338QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's a buyback lemon though:
(Note to CA residents: This SL55 was re-acquired from its original owner by Mercedes due to downtime associated with an alleged stalling complaint. This non-conformity was repaired under factory warranty and Mercedes placed the car back in service. The state of CA requires a CA title be branded with a buyback notation. This process does not affect the factory warranty in any way and we have all signed paperwork from Mercedes that confirms the car meets all quality standards.)
You guys think I should stay away from it or what? It says it's been repaired and is back in service :dunno:

If I should go for it, what should I offer, no way i'm paying 80 for a fuckin lemon thats for sure so what would be a fair offer, 60?

:help:

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Dont do it, not worth the headache.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
+100

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Probably not worth it, unless you got a steep discount.
Can you request as part of the negotiation process if they would pay to get it CPO. If that is possible and the steep discount it might be worth it from the standpoint of cost. imo

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
SLR! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Roupin said:
03c4s said:
keep looking the right will show up in time.
You sound like a prophet :D
You mean a fortune cookie :rofl:

I'm trying to find a Black on Berry Red, out of like 40-50 CPO SL55's in the country, like 4 have that interior :wall:

I might have to settle for Charcoal and swap it out later :hmm:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Roupin said:
Interior swap is difficult, keep that in mind.
Yep, sucks.

After months of looking for one, I don't think i'll be able to get the ideal combo. The red interior ones I have found had too many miles or not the right options...

Practically every 55 out there has a grey interior so it's a lot easier to get the ideal mileage/year/options I want.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Roupin said:
03c4s said:
keep looking the right will show up in time.
You sound like a prophet :D
call me confuciously don't know what I'm taking about. :D :D

but back to topic at hand, the right one will descend onto your possession at the time it is right.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts