Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi its me arya said:
how much different do they feel than the OEM 8- Piston Brembo's?
One word...SOLID.

It made the OEM brakes felt soft and weak(even thought the first time I drove it I thought AMG brakes are the sh*t).

Both the calipers and rotors are larger than stock AMGs, however, they(especially the rotors) are lighter than the AMG ones.

Stainless brakelines are also replaced with brembo GT ones. Im sure they played a big part in the improved stopping power too.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i always wondered, do SS brake lines help braking power? can i add those to my stock sport brakes? and how much do they usually run? sorr for the hijack, but hey it fits!

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
anthuny85 said:
i always wondered, do SS brake lines help braking power? can i add those to my stock sport brakes? and how much do they usually run? sorr for the hijack, but hey it fits!
They give firmer pedal feel since they allow less flex than rubber hoses. They can be added to ANY brakes, IF they are made for your application. Can't help you on the price though.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
definitely a good upgrade, ill be looking into them when its time to replace my pads.... the should be 125-200 depending on application

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah. I didnt want to go with black with polish lip. Dont get me wrong tho, black on black looks sick, but eveyone and their friends have them. So I went with something else. It turned out pretty good I think.

:)

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
SICK... We've a twin minus the Brembo's.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
one word...WEAK!!!!!!!!!

HAHA, j/p buddy!. Looks good. Cant wait till I race you...haha! Very clean ride, should of snaped a few rolling shots when i was following you to work!!

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Nice! Saw the car at Autocrave. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts