5)Wheelpower
6)Speed Innovations
7)Harbor Motorsports (Vadim's Cousin)
8)Dietzer-Heinz
9)Euroteck (later on)

To Inquire:

1) Rev'd Up Kustomz
2) Creative

Feel free to add to the list so we can send out the packages once Roger has the final draft of the contract.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am leaving that up to the other guys who know James personally. I'm sure Jangy will handle that.

Mike: Did you get in touch with your Hybrid friends to see if they'd be willing to do some sort of banner exchange?

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Len, Mike knows Keith the owner from the show circuit days. I've also talked to him in the past but don't know him quite as well. Maybe Mike can hit him up to see if it's something he would be interested in doing. I believe he'll be at the Q this Friday so maybe we can hit him up then.

After all, this forum is mostly SD people so far. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Awesome. I told Keith when I met him that I was connected with some MB forums(didn't mention any names) and told him that the local SD MB people would be very interested in his dyno services. He said "Cool. So you do carbon fiber?" And that was the end of that conversation.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was a quick change of subject. lol

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I have a few updates:

First Zamini (me) and Roger are the same. I just arbitrarily put the name on it for my part until we actually join. At that point, the name may change as R may have a pet name he likes of his own.

Roger's buddy is cool and may want the exposure. I think that is a good one as well.

I won't be approaching Creative about shit, other than to take care of my business. I have no issues with them sponsoring the site and I can keep my comments professional. Perhaps Jeff may want to approach them if he feels they are legit? For now, I have three cars that they need to address before I can say much.

New potentials:
MBenzNL
VRUS
http://www.oempartsdirect.com/
CE mobile detailing
C2 Motorsports (big into mazda racing)
Symbolic
RacingSchools.com
Euroteck Motorsports
California Speedway
Willow Springs International Raceway
[email protected]
a local paint shop?
a local muffler shop?
a local tire shop?

True stretches: (why not?)
EVOSport
Kleeman
RunnTech

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Arjang. Have you touched bases with the potentials or are you just listing who we might want to contact?

As for Roger, I think he mentioned something else in addition to the shop if I remember correctly. I'm sure he'll chime in to provide more info.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I have a paint and collision guy who may have an interest. I can always sponsor for the sake of sponsoring if we allow non automotive related.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I have initiated some talks with a few. Not really about sponsorship, but about the site and the plans. Others are just thoughts I wanted everyone to either approve or not before I approach them.
I have talked to:
[email protected] and VRUS, but that is about it.
I speak to Symbolic some, but more on the shoot the shit level. I told them of my intentions and they are interested in partnering up for some track days and to have an open house for us from time to time.
The others were just thoughts. I won't contact anyone directly until I get feedback here on who we want and what makes sense.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
03c4s said:
I have a paint and collision guy who may have an interest. I can always sponsor for the sake of sponsoring if we allow non automotive related.
I say if someone wants to sponsor, let em. I was even thinking of insurance agents, etc?

You looking for clients, R? Hehe, if I had money, I'd give it to you t invest.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I like the banner exchange.
One request I do have. Lets not whore ourselves out to sponsors. If it generates true revenue, then I am all for it. But, if all it does is pay a few bills and constrains us then I say no. That was the point I was making before when I was saying that perhaps R and I could be the sponsors and let everyone else come for free. It would open it up for the little people (like our own Lensolo or a VRUS) and it would keep pricing competitive (since it would be open).
Ling made a valid point that we can avoid hackers by adding that barrier to entry.
Now that I have experienced some deep wounds from a sponsor, I am rethinking the concept again, though.
Last thing, what guidelines do we want to set on group buys, etc? Must they favor a sponsor? Can they be from a non-sponsor? How do we want to regulate?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
73,800 Posts
03c4s said:
Who is it?? I need my CTR painted.

·
Registered
73,800 Posts
jangy said:
03c4s said:
I say if someone wants to sponsor, let em. I was even thinking of insurance agents, etc?

You looking for clients, R? Hehe, if I had money, I'd give it to you t invest.
Yea, I don't think it would matter who sponsers are?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
dut said:
03c4s said:
Jay had sent around a paintshop as well that he was working with.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
im gonan talk to the mike who is in charge of the hybrid forums...he posts on MBW too. I just got his sn so i'll hit him up when i see him.

As for Rev'd Up...i'll talk to keith. im sure everyones down to do a banner exchange...

But should we ask them to be a sponsor and give us financial support on top of the banner exchange?

·
Registered
73,800 Posts
jangy said:
dut said:
03c4s said:
Jay had sent around a paintshop as well that he was working with.

Sinful?? Nah, I'm straight - even though they going to be on MTV or some show. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts