Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
:(

i remember my first one, a piggy on a bike hiding behind a tree like a little bitch :wack:

65 in 35 :dunno: :flipa:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm an idiot. And he saw me brake hard. He clocked me at 105 after I braked.

Needless to say, he was PISSED. :rofl:

There is no price? I guess the judge will screw me at court.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
newton said:

get a lawyer, worth it for 100+ :dunno:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lawyer will do me no good if I didn't have a valid reason.

Can I say I'm like the guy in the movie Crank? I have to have adrenaline to live. It's for medical purposes man.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Get a lawyer anyway. A good one can possibly get it reduced so that your license won't get suspended. You're 17 and they will screw you big time to make you learn a lesson.

·
Registered
871 Posts
you would be suprised what a lawyer can do..at least he can postpone it months away in hopes that the paperwork for yourcase would get lost and then thrown out once he asks for thier paperwork because they cant find it (happend to me)

·
Registered
73,800 Posts
I got caught 75 in a 35, I still did a written declaration - I didn't win but at least it got me TRAFFIC SCHOOL!!!! which going doulbe the speed limit would not allow.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Yup. My first one was a bike pig hiding behind a sign. I hit the brakes and he wrote me for 57 in a 40.

Newton, GET A LAWYER. Last year I got clocked at 140 in a 65, got written up for 80, and my lawyer got me off with nothing but traffic school. You'll keep a clean record, and at your age, that means alot.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
AMG_55 said:
newton said:

get a lawyer, worth it for 100+ :dunno:
Yah, get the lawyer bro... 100+ is NO GOOD in CA.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Roupin said:
Yup. My first one was a bike pig hiding behind a sign. I hit the brakes and he wrote me for 57 in a 40.

Newton, GET A LAWYER. Last year I got clocked at 140 in a 65, got written up for 80, and my lawyer got me off with nothing but traffic school. You'll keep a clean record, and at your age, that means alot.
You're going to get fucked on insurance. Get a lawyer. :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just one speeding ticket on my record can't mean that much can it? Lawyers are expensive, I don't know where I gonna get the money.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
100+ in CA means suspension and probably automatic 2 points. Domino effect with your insurance as well. Trust me, you want a lawyer.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Roughly, roughly...can much would it cost in total for a lawyer to get me out of this and take def. driving or the like?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, depending upon the county in CA, 22348(b) CVC (100MPH+) means between an $800 - $1,600 bail (fine), and a possible suspension of your license for up to 30 days. A lot depends upon the judge, and if your license is still provisional (under age 18), then, well, OUCH...

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
If you were in SD I'd say Mr. Ticket. Perhaps you guys have someone equivalent in TX? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
You should be looking at about $1000. That would be a fair price if he can get you off with no points on your record.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts