Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLS55 Owner Questions

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CNJ 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm a newbie to AMG's...previous vehicles were the M, 3, and 5 series BMWs. I am just about to take delivery of a 2006 CLS55 with the 030 Package and Premium Package with 28000 miles (iridium silver/black interior). Super excited and I already have alot of ideas about setting it apart from other iridium silver CLS55's. I have searched the forums to gather as much info as possible but have not been able to find the answers to the following. Please help.

Wrapping Roof
I plan to wrap the roof with glossy black to get that nice continuous flow from the back tinted window to the roof. Do wraps hold up well? Special care? Is it challenging to upkeep like black vehicles?

Black Badging
Is there a vendor that sells colored badging for the trunk and sides? If not, can the current badging be removed, painted, then reapplied? Or do I need to purchase a new set? If purchasing is the answer, which vendor?

Lowering
I've read STAR, ECU, and Links are my options. What is the best option with budgetary considerations? Where is the best place to go in SoCal to get it done? I have the 030 wheels. Does anyone have any pics of a lowered CLS with the 030 wheels?

Navigation
If I get an outdated disc, is it worth getting an updated disc?

Exhaust
I would like to get an even more aggressive growl out of the engine without going overboard. I've heard of removing resonators, X-pipes, etc. Again, budgetary conscious.

Wheels
Has anyone on this forum powdercoated the two piece 030 wheels? If so please send a pic? Was thinking powdercoating the wheel matte black and leaving the lip as is. If I'm doing something blasphemous by doing this, someone please set me straight.

Sorry for the initial long first post. Just really excited! I'm sure everyone here can remember their head spinning when they first got their AMG. :)

Thanks!
Brian

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.