Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright.

--->>> First off, ive researched and researched and found many sources, and many infos from many diff forums/online/MB techs regarding this Fix! Without them, i would've lost about $1400 at the dealership!

This write up is pretty much for majority of the C32 AMG owners out there, that faces this never ending dilema of having a power draw, leaving this one fine machine DEAD at the spot where its parked; especially if it hasn't been driven..for..oh lets see...TWO DAYS!? well for me atleast!

*Anyways, reason for this power draw, is the defective seat modules. Theres really no way of telling when these start to go BAD except for two things.

1. Look underneath your seat, and locate the black box, and right on top of it ( you will have to use a mirror to see ) you will see a sticker with part number written on it. IF your Seat Module's part number starts with "W203" then most likely, if it hasn't happened yet, your seat module will eventually go bad. The updated seat module for the C32 AMGs, part number starts at "W211".

2. MOST common way of knowing your seat module is out, is pretty much the power draw :-( Car was driving perfect one day, next day OUT of nowhere cars dead!

Some bits of Info:

Now what were going to be looking to accomplish in this write up is to pretty much stop the power draw. By doing so, we will need to splice one wire to another, to act as one. Completely cutting out the power draw from the car, and only draw out power when actually needed.

Here we go, TOOLS for this Fix:
* Wire cutter
* Pliers
* LED Flashlight (Magnalite :D)
* Electrical Tape
..and MOST important..

Go to RadioShack and pic these "Tap-IN Squeeze Connectors". THey have them on sale for $2.19, but homegiirrll hooked me up with their 30% employee discount! you do that math!

**heres how each individual connectors look like***

NOW, time to work that magic!

1st step.
***Before u start unpluggin stuff, go ahead, (both seats drivers and passengers) move the seat ALL the way back, give your self plenty of working space :-].

Now, that you see a bunch of wires and connectors underneath your seat, LOOK for the one connector with 3 Wires running through it.
Basically: RED, BLACK, BROWN. (RED & Black will have another color mixed in with it, thats fine, RED and BLACK are BOTH POSITIVE.)
heres what u would be lookin for:

The Red and Black wires are your Positive wires here, and the Brown is the ground.

*Black= draws 12V from the battery ONLY when the key is in the ON position.
*RED (THE ENEMY)= draw a constant 12V from the battery. This is the wire that makes the seats move forward/back/up/down/fold WITHOUT having to have the keys in the ON position.
***RED wire is the PROBLEM***

2nd Step
BEST PART!!

Now, go ahead, with anger now, take your wire cutter, and CUT THAT RED WIRE OFF!! :shoot: Now now, make sure you give yourself PLENTY of wirings left from the connector that its connected from! DONT cut tooo short, you will need a long enough wire to work with.

3rd Step
YOUR GOOD! your almost DONE!
Take your Tap-In squeeze connectors (READ the instructions on the packing on HOW to use these connectors lol.) and feed through the RED Wire (use the wire THAT IS STILL connected into the connector) & Black wire and splice those two wires together using pliers. Use em muscles coz itll take a lot of squezzin to get that contact flushed!

*Once, two wires are spliced, go ahead and close the hinge cover until it snaps in place :-]
heres how it SHOULD look like:

***If you get confused in this part, its ok, STUDY and LOOK closely on the pic! youll see what im talking about :thumbup:

Once everything is cool, go ahead and tape up that RED wire thats coming from the battery with electrical tape.
LOOK closely at the pictures, and you will see a wire thats been taped up, thats the one!

4th Step:
Your pretty much done.
Now, just gotta clean it up and make it presentable and neat! Afterall its a Mercedes Benz.

5th Step; YOUR DONE!
THATS it!

now just connect your wirings back!

TEST TEST TEST time!

Now u ask, ok, how do i know i did it right?!
Heres how:

***Before, you were able to move/tilt/fold the seats WITHOUT needing to put the keys in the ON Position.

***After this fix, YOU ARE NOW NOT able to move/tilt/fold the seats WITHOUT the keys in the ON position.
WHY!? because u now have permanently disconnected the constant 12v draw from the battery.

NOW, the RED wire acts like the BLACK wire.

***To know whether u did this fix right is easy,you will NOWnNEED to put the keys in the ON position to move/tilt/fold the seats!

No biggie! afterall, who moves their seats/adjust their seats if the cars not running first anyways??

OH! almost forgot, DONT FORGET TO WHORE!

YOU JUST NOW saved $$$$ for this fix!

NOW go buy some goodies for ur car! MODs!

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
this write up made me laugh :lol: thanks for the DIY though! good write up and lots of pic's

now the question is: does Zoomie approve? :lol:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cannonball55 said:
this write up made me laugh :lol: thanks for the DIY though! good write up and lots of pic's

now the question is: does Zoomie approve? :lol:
LOTS of pics heeellppss lol, shoot, everytime i look for DIYs majority of them lack pics!
thanks battle buddy :fingersx: :stick: :punch: lmao!

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
WARRANTY FTW!!
haha no need for this useless info!! :paranoid:

Just messin, this is a helpful DIY, ive heard alot of C32 and C55 owners complain about this problem!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did this fix tonight on both front seats. Everything works as expected and no SRS light. We'll see in 2 or 3 days if the battery is still dead. Thanks for the advice and instructions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need the pics posted again

Hello Matey,

Great post. Really looking forward to do the same on both of my W203 C240 seats.
There seems to be a problem with the pictures. Can these be re-posted please ?

Many thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright.

--->>> First off, ive researched and researched and found many sources, and many infos from many diff forums/online/MB techs regarding this Fix! Without them, i would've lost about $1400 at the dealership!

This write up is pretty much for majority of the C32 AMG owners out there, that faces this never ending dilema of having a power draw, leaving this one fine machine DEAD at the spot where its parked; especially if it hasn't been driven..for..oh lets see...TWO DAYS!? well for me atleast!

*Anyways, reason for this power draw, is the defective seat modules. Theres really no way of telling when these start to go BAD except for two things.

1. Look underneath your seat, and locate the black box, and right on top of it ( you will have to use a mirror to see ) you will see a sticker with part number written on it. IF your Seat Module's part number starts with "W203" then most likely, if it hasn't happened yet, your seat module will eventually go bad. The updated seat module for the C32 AMGs, part number starts at "W211".

2. MOST common way of knowing your seat module is out, is pretty much the power draw :-( Car was driving perfect one day, next day OUT of nowhere cars dead!

Some bits of Info:

Now what were going to be looking to accomplish in this write up is to pretty much stop the power draw. By doing so, we will need to splice one wire to another, to act as one. Completely cutting out the power draw from the car, and only draw out power when actually needed.

Here we go, TOOLS for this Fix:
  • Wire cutter
  • Pliers
  • LED Flashlight (Magnalite :D)
  • Electrical Tape
..and MOST important..

Go to RadioShack and pic these "Tap-IN Squeeze Connectors". THey have them on sale for $2.19, but homegiirrll hooked me up with their 30% employee discount! you do that math!

heres how each individual connectors look like*

NOW, time to work that magic!

1st step.

***Before u start unpluggin stuff, go ahead, (both seats drivers and passengers) move the seat ALL the way back, give your self plenty of working space :-].

Now, that you see a bunch of wires and connectors underneath your seat, LOOK for the one connector with 3 Wires running through it.
Basically: RED, BLACK, BROWN. (RED & Black will have another color mixed in with it, thats fine, RED and BLACK are BOTH POSITIVE.)
heres what u would be lookin for:

The Red and Black wires are your Positive wires here, and the Brown is the ground.

*Black= draws 12V from the battery ONLY when the key is in the ON position.
*RED (THE ENEMY)= draw a constant 12V from the battery. This is the wire that makes the seats move forward/back/up/down/fold WITHOUT having to have the keys in the ON position.
RED wire is the PROBLEM

2nd Step
BEST PART!!

Now, go ahead, with anger now, take your wire cutter, and CUT THAT RED WIRE OFF!! :shoot: Now now, make sure you give yourself PLENTY of wirings left from the connector that its connected from! DONT cut tooo short, you will need a long enough wire to work with.

3rd Step
YOUR GOOD! your almost DONE!
Take your Tap-In squeeze connectors (READ the instructions on the packing on HOW to use these connectors lol.) and feed through the RED Wire (use the wire THAT IS STILL connected into the connector) & Black wire and splice those two wires together using pliers. Use em muscles coz itll take a lot of squezzin to get that contact flushed!

*Once, two wires are spliced, go ahead and close the hinge cover until it snaps in place :-]
heres how it SHOULD look like:

***If you get confused in this part, its ok, STUDY and LOOK closely on the pic! youll see what im talking about 👍

Once everything is cool, go ahead and tape up that RED wire thats coming from the battery with electrical tape.
LOOK closely at the pictures, and you will see a wire thats been taped up, thats the one!

4th Step:
Your pretty much done.
Now, just gotta clean it up and make it presentable and neat! Afterall its a Mercedes Benz.

5th Step; YOUR DONE!
THATS it!

now just connect your wirings back!

TEST TEST TEST time!

Now u ask, ok, how do i know i did it right?!
Heres how:

***Before, you were able to move/tilt/fold the seats WITHOUT needing to put the keys in the ON Position.

***After this fix, YOU ARE NOW NOT able to move/tilt/fold the seats WITHOUT the keys in the ON position.
WHY!? because u now have permanently disconnected the constant 12v draw from the battery.

NOW, the RED wire acts like the BLACK wire.

***To know whether u did this fix right is easy,you will NOWnNEED to put the keys in the ON position to move/tilt/fold the seats!

No biggie! afterall, who moves their seats/adjust their seats if the cars not running first anyways??

OH! almost forgot, DONT FORGET TO WHORE!

YOU JUST NOW saved $$$$ for this fix!

NOW go buy some goodies for ur car! MODs!
still a good writeup in 2021! cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts