Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Questions on the CLS 55 AMG

19K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  amg power 4 life 
#1 ·
Hay fanatics, I'm new too the Mercedes world. Can anyone shine some light on what I should expect too be broken on the CLS 55 AMG. Is the 2006 pretty reliable compare too the 2007 model? I've heard sometimes the supercharger would just shut off. Should I be worried about this? Is there something that need to be replaced? Let me know.. All opinions are welcome.

#2 ·
CLS55(Supercharged) only one year 2006, 2007 it was replaced by the CLS63 (Normally Asperated)

Supercharger bogging down problems are related to the IC pump, upgrade to the Johnson CM30 and bye bye problems. I've had mine over a year now and love it!

#3 ·
Welcome to the myMB family! The CLS55 is a beast :thumbup:

#4 ·
EricT said:
CLS55(Supercharged) only one year 2006, 2007 it was replaced by the CLS63 (Normally Asperated)

Supercharger bogging down problems are related to the IC pump, upgrade to the Johnson CM30 and bye bye problems. I've had mine over a year now and love it!
Yeah that was a mistake... how much does it usually cost too get the IC pump as well as installation?

Thanks you guys, I'm still searching for white on black color combo... either this or a 07' M5... but I really like how the CLS look.

#11 ·
AIRMATIC!! pumps are common, struts and valve blocks leaking as well.. kind of gets a lil pricey with no warranty!
and definitely recommend the Johnson replacement pump for the intercooler.
havent seen too much else go wrong with them, just normal wear and tear items.

#12 ·
XoDuZz said:
So the airmatic is really bouncy?
Not bouncy per se, but it just doesn't allow the car to "stick" like you would expect from a sporty looking car. It's great in one hard corner, but repeated quick maneuvers can become a handful pretty quickly.

In a straight line it's wonderful though. Gives the car a great squat on launch to really plant the tires into the pavement.

#14 ·
XoDuZz said:
thanks... i'll look into that... anything else I should be concern about?
You should be concerned about wanting more and more power. After drivin the car fer a month...you'll want more power.

Fill the need and mod the hell out of it! You'll have a smile from ear to ear. That is until you get used to it and want more. Although I could do more, I'm content with where I am with the car...power and looks wise. I'm happy with where I stand. :) Or am I? :dunno: :rofl:

#16 ·
air struts are a couple thousand a piece.. or just under, the valve block is 5 or 600.. the compressor is close to 1000 I believe. gotta pay to play! air suspension issues aren't going to be frequent.. but when a strut does go.. its gonna cost!

If you want more power I have a Kleemann crank pulley for sale!! it's off of an 04 E55.

#18 ·
XoDuZz said:
thanks, yeah I just gotta see what I might be running into down the road. So there are 4 airstruts?
2 air struts up front, and 2 smaller air bags out back. fronts are pretty simple to replace.. the rears are more difficult. you need to drop the entire rear subframe to get them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.