My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Just finished talking to Rick Reuss, he is very open to price discount depending on the # of cars. If we get 5 who are willing to put a deposit of 1.5k there is the possibility that he will discount more from the 3k price.

SD crew pm me for info.

I'm in for sure, he has 180 cars backorder but is willing to let us in if we can do an install party for 3-4 cars on the same day.

More info: if your car is leased or you sell your car, they will remove the system for you and reinstall in another car for minimal cost/or no cost. If you get a different make of car they will remove and install a new system configured to the new car at minimal or no cost. You get a new system for your new car.

Remember, quality is not cheap.

R.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The R is steppin' up. Is this the same set up as Greg's E63? I'd like to hear how it sounds, very concerned about low end. Where will the installation take place?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Im liking this. Pencil me in. Can we hear a demo from Greg E63? :clap:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Let me see if I can get Greg to show off his system, any problems meeting him half way? I believe he's in the OC.

I'll see if he has any plans in being in SD, I want to see his car w/elm.

I'll post or pm the crew. We can talk at the Q tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Let me know if Greg comes down because I spoke with to one of my friend at La Jolla Audio and he has never heard of Reus Audio. I really want to hear sound quality of this set up, did you guys listen in his car?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I listened, and it is nice. Your ears may be more picky, but they have an advanced package as well.
Either way, I guarantee you that LJ Audio will not come close to the price for a similar setup.

I'm in R. Where do we want to do this? They need a shop or do I just open up the warehouse doors at work? I already have 5 on the other site ready to rock and roll!!

Looks like Stereo will be the launch of it all!! I was thinking to do the star mods first or even a Euro one, but stereo it is.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
By the way, R thanks for the follow up. Was the cat cool? Did you discuss any other stuff? I was hoping to get his advise on a wiring harness for the ELM that would avoid splicing wires.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Rick sounded pretty cool, it looks like the unit Greg has, comes as a package specifically tuned to the vehicle (2dr/4dr/conv). You can upgrade some of the components but its still a package deal.

He asked me why we were not using LJ audio, giving the impression they have his components for sale. I told him for me, I would rather have the source do the install since they designed it and would probably know what they are doing.

He is open to the harness, just a matter of having time, they seem to have their hands full with intalls and project cars at car shows

Bottom line he is open, if we are serious about getting 3-5 people to commit and deposit 1.5k he would order the components and do an install day asap, since in the next 2 months they ramp up for the rest of the year. Let me know who has an interest.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
how much is LJ Audio charging for the same set up as Reus? If there's a big difference then we might need to discuss.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
My understanding is they have some of the components but not the full package system like Greg's.

I will call him tomorrow to talk some more get all these questions answered.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
What is the head count? Reus is inviting us to their shop in OC, where they have polk audio, mb quarts, etc and run theirs sid e by side. We need to place a $7500 deposit and he will do the install in 6 weeks.

I'm in!!

Jangy 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts