Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had pretty much given up on the front markers for my car, because the 07's have a one piece bumper (impact strips are integrated) and nobody makes clear lenses for this car either.

Then yesterday I saw a bumper shop who does great work repairing bumpers, and it hit me. I can get the markers punched out, and the "strips" filled and painted to match.

My only concern, how would MB react to a mod like this? This is more or less considered permanent. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
How about buying a set of OEM markers and painting them?

I have the same problem with the C55 bumper. The impact strips don't come off. :(

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem I have with painting the markers is that they sit about 1/3" further out than the bumper. Since they don't fit flush, it would still stick out like a sore thumb even if painted.

My first preference is clear lenses, but since they're not available, I'm toying with the idea of filling them.

What consequences (if any) would I face when returning the car?

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
i doubt they would give a shit, i returned mine w/ clk500 wheels and 3 matching tires, sebring muffler and tinted lights (blue up front and black on mirrors and sides)

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Just get another OEM set so you can swap out. I'm sure you can find a hookup here on the forum. (chris). :D

Mine stick out too but beats having the amber reflectors. I always end up Photoshopping them out in pics though because I hate looking at it.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might just have them filled. It'll be nice being the ONLY 07 W211 in the states with euro bumpers :D

I'll just figure out if I can have the holes cut later on and have them reinstalled :dunno:

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Roupin said:
I might just have them filled. It'll be nice being the ONLY 07 W211 in the states with euro bumpers :D

I'll just figure out if I can have the holes cut later on and have them reinstalled :dunno:
im sure you can

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
jus make sure you tie your bulb somewhere where you can access them if u get a bulb out warning. i seemed to have forgotten to tie mine down when i installed my eurostrips. doh!

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark Cummins said:
Time to step up and get a EURO 63 front bumper..

Steve at www.mbenznl.com can get the goods!

Re the Front side markers..One CAN turn them off via the star
Not worth spending that much on a bumper for a car that will be going back in less than 2 years :dunno:

I wish I could just swap the strips :wall:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might just be leaving it alone. I simply don't care to deal with any shit for something stupid like that :wall:

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I don't think they will shune it in anyway....why should they care if you took out an ugly yellow blinker...lol

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I'm just gonna paint mine black, but you don't have that option, unless you wanna black out the tails, then it might look good.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
We painted my moms strips on her e350. It looks great. Her car is black though.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guys, keep in mind that on the 07's they stick out about a quarter inch. Gone are the days of painting them, since they'll look like crap on a silver car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts