Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I realized 2 things today:

1) I've spent more on mods than this car is worth
2) The mods should just rename this Smart subforum "tbone's forum", as these are all my posts

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So ordered this Brabus steering wheel. Looks wise, not a big mod, but it has the thicker grips. My only choices in aftermarket mods were this Brabus wheel or a $3300 Lorinser wheel :wtf: I also considered having DCT build up my current wheel, but the Brabus wheel came out cheaper and my wheel would've been the guinea pig wheel for DCT, so it was an easy decision.

OEM wheel for comparison:

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I wanna see you driving that thing lol

It must be so fun to cruise around.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Congrats on the new wheel. Looks like a nice touch. I'm not suprised that you've spent more on the car mods than it's worth. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
that thing looks sexy

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mercedes totally needs to lower the price on their Smarts. If it sold for around $10k, I'm sure at least twice as many would be sold. Anyway, enough venting. Nice ride. I'm surprised you didn't pick one with more colors on the interior though.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zoomie said:
Mercedes totally needs to lower the price on their Smarts. If it sold for around $10k, I'm sure at least twice as many would be sold. Anyway, enough venting. Nice ride. I'm surprised you didn't pick one with more colors on the interior though.
Well, since when are Mercedes a cheap brand? Smart pricing goes in line, I think. I actually prefer not to see too many on the road. And, nah, I don't want one of those colorful smart interiors...besides, the Brabus edition is only offered in a black interior. BTW, the entry level smart starts as 12K, but it has absolutely nothing...you have to sing to yourself (no radio), and you have to use your arms to roll down the window :rofl:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
purple and pink are custom painted. There's actually an all pink on at smart walnut creek right now...interesting

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
tbone said:
Well, since when are Mercedes a cheap brand? Smart pricing goes in line, I think. I actually prefer not to see too many on the road. And, nah, I don't want one of those colorful smart interiors...besides, the Brabus edition is only offered in a black interior. BTW, the entry level smart starts as 12K, but it has absolutely nothing...you have to sing to yourself (no radio), and you have to use your arms to roll down the window :rofl:
I can appreciate your POV, but low price doesn't always mean cheap. How many Smarts you personally prefer to see on the road has little do with the value and pricing of the car. I'm not trying to argue. I'm just thinking that if the car was priced lower, it would sell better. Though MB would get less money per unit, they'd get more total since more units would be sold. A lower price would also better compete with the Mini. Okay, enough of this. We'll get back on track with your Brabus wheel, which looks :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zoomie said:
I can appreciate your POV, but low price doesn't always mean cheap. How many Smarts you personally prefer to see on the road has little do with the value and pricing of the car. I'm not trying to argue. I'm just thinking that if the car was priced lower, it would sell better. Though MB would get less money per unit, they'd get more total since more units would be sold. A lower price would also better compete with the Mini. Okay, enough of this. We'll get back on track with your Brabus wheel, which looks :thumbup: :thumbup:
You misunderstood my previous post. When i said pricing is "in line with Mercedes", my reference was not to quality vs. price. Rather, mercedes have always priced their cars higher than other brands. Smart is priced higher than other economy cars...hence, "in line"

I really don't care how many units of Smarts they can sell...not my company, don't hold stock :rofl: Nor do I care how well they compete with mini's. I hate the current mini's. Now, if we're talking classic mini's, I'm interested.

So, if they are too expensive, and there are fewer on the road, then great for me. I will have a car that not many others will have.

I also understand your POV, as many of your posts have the common theme of price vs. value. Thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts