My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering you guys are MB owners, do any of you guys play golf too? If so, which courses do you play at? Been trying to get back into it and not sure which public courses I should plan on visiting. Please, lets keep green fees under $100/round. Anyways, post up your handicap and home course.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Dayam I dunno bout my handicap...right now I would prolly play bogey golf? I just started gettin back into it...at my best I would say I was 3-5...but that was a LONG, LONG time ago...

·
Registered
314 Posts
i used to play golf in high school....i played at many courses like dad miller, anaheim hills, bixby village, birch hills, fullerton, etc.....those arent the nicest of courses but they weren't trashy either.... they were fun....i need to go again sometime, its been 4 years since i last played...

-OG

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I've been going to fallbrook lately, since abuddy like it. My "home" course is Mt. Woodsen. I'm a bogey shooter right now. i get better when I used to play everyday. I also have a tron shoulder which changed my swing.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I play ever other week at a min. most of the time weekly, I am about a 12-18 handicapper on any given day. I have a lot of course recomendations but they are all up here in the OC, not SD, sorry not to familiar with SD golfing, only place I have been close is Avia(sp) - (in carlsbad) it was Vendor sponsored and was $250 per player, nice course though hehehe

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dragonrpc said:
I play ever other week at a min. most of the time weekly, I am about a 12-18 handicapper on any given day. I have a lot of course recomendations but they are all up here in the OC, not SD, sorry not to familiar with SD golfing, only place I have been close is Avia(sp) - (in carlsbad) it was Vendor sponsored and was $250 per player, nice course though hehehe
Im actually in Orange County quite often...Usually every weekend. I've only played once up there at some muni in long beach. Pretty horrible course might i add. Whats a decent course to check out? Didnt Tiger play on Dad's Miller when he was a kid? In SD, i usually frequent Torrey Pines North and South, Salt Creek Canyon, Singing Hills, Riverwalk, Bonita GC, Balboa and some of the other Muni's when on a budget.

·
Registered
271 Posts
SagaSupra said:
dragonrpc said:
Im actually in Orange County quite often...Usually every weekend. I've only played once up there at some muni in long beach. Pretty horrible course might i add. Whats a decent course to check out? Didnt Tiger play on Dad's Miller when he was a kid? In SD, i usually frequent Torrey Pines North and South, Salt Creek Canyon, Singing Hills, Riverwalk, Bonita GC, Balboa and some of the other Muni's when on a budget.
Well depending on budget it depends. I am a Fozio course builder fan, courses like Pelican hill (newport coast, high dollar, but currently under a re-construction - Its the community Tiger bought a lot in and will be a fequenter, same community Kobe lives in (the house he bought his mom.)) Oak Creek in Irvine, is also a fozio architected course and good.

For us normal salary people, I usually play san juan hills (Not the best conditions but playable $60 weekend w/cart) sometimes down at costa mesa, los lagos. occasionaly drive to la mirada. those all run $50-$65

for the $100 + Talega is great, arroyo trabuco. Aliso viejo, sucks now they destroyed it.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Mt woodson, riverwalk , Rancho bernardo cc, eastlake cc, morgan run, anybody interested in getting a golf outing I'm in or I can set it up if anybody is interested.

I shoot around the the mid 80's, depending on how many beers I've had, sometimes it gets better with beer other times I suck, so never a dull moment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts