My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, i am planning to rebuild my front suspension. the tie rod ends are shot, and i figure I might as well have the ball joints replaced as well, anyone think I should do the control arm bushings too? do those really go that bad?

I am going to order the parts today, so let me know soon! ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got impatient. The parts guy only sells two kits a month for the bushings, so:

Sway bar brackets, all new tie rod assembly's, ball joints, shock boots and a fuel pump relay.

My car will be running nice next week :woot:

·
Registered
377 Posts
My1stbenz said:
I got impatient. The parts guy only sells two kits a month for the bushings, so:

Sway bar brackets, all new tie rod assembly's, ball joints, shock boots and a fuel pump relay.

My car will be running nice next week :woot:
nice, sounds like it will be nice and tight! :la:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
My1stbenz said:
As some of you may know, i am planning to rebuild my front suspension. the tie rod ends are shot, and i figure I might as well have the ball joints replaced as well, anyone think I should do the control arm bushings too? do those really go that bad?

I am going to order the parts today, so let me know soon! ;)
get the bushings while you're at it.

You'd be amazed how worn out they can get. I've seen them for $30/side on eBay. Or, if you really want to go nuts, get urethane.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
do a google search for "urethane bushings"

I can't remember the name of the company that makes them, but the last time I bought those (for my MK1 Rabbit), they were about $150 for the set that replaced all of the rubber bushings with urethane.

If you go that route just make sure you get the kind that are grahite impregnated or whatever they sell that is called "squeek proof" or whatever, because the regular urethane squeek like hell.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
I'm not even sure there are many applications out there who make aftermarket bushings for our cars beside K-Mac.

Omar or Matt - Buy my camber arms already. :thumbup: :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Yeah, I don't even know why I put your name in there. You're too cheap to cough up any kind of money. :kekekegay::

haha JK! don't get mad. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts