Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ECU Reset:

- Turn the ignition key to the "on" position.

- Press the gas pedal to the WOT position (do not click though) and hold it for 5 seconds.

- Now turn the key to the off position but don't remove the key.

- Release the throttle.

- Wait 2 minutes :D

Dyno Mode:
- Insert your key and turn to the 1st position

- Press the trip odometer reset button three times.

- The MFD will then display the battery voltage.

- Press either the up or down arrow until you reach a setting for the Dynamometer Test Mode.

- Using the + or - arrow on the steering wheel, choose the test mode.

- The MFD will then display the disabled safety features of the car, including ABS, ESP...

- Start the car and note all safety features are still disabled.

- To reset, either go through the same procedure and turn off Dyno Mode, or simply turn off and restart the car.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Stickied for you. ;)

Thought I might add, for step 2 in activating dyno mode, you want to push the odometer trip 3 times before the SRS light turns off.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ling!

I don't think it makes a difference. I can even toggle through all the menus and then hit it 3 times and it still catches :dunno:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
I think it might matter for some cars. The guy who taught me how to activate dyno mode couldn't get the menu to come up on my car if we waited too long. Took him a few tries and we came to the conclusion that the SRS light seemed to be the deciding factor.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha. It might be different on the W203. I know I had a hard time getting my loaner in dyno mode :wall:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
does anyone know how to turn on dyno mode in a W220? the method posted above works with any other models except this. :hmm:

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
I think there's a MY cutoff for the above method on the W220 based on what I've read. '03 and newer W220's should be able to utilize the above procedure but '02-older have no success with it. :dunno:

Maybe NewtoN can confirm that.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
nice reminder bud!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Is the procedure the same for W211 E55?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
davidmatthewhernandez said:
Is the procedure the same for W211 E55?
Yes it is. ;)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
schwarz said:
does anyone know how to turn on dyno mode in a W220? the method posted above works with any other models except this. :hmm:
I just tested on my MY2003 W220... you can do it at any time, press the "R" three times when you are displaying your milage.

It tells you a whole boat load of stuff, is there any other hidden menus like this?

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
Re: Technical Procedures: ECU Reset & Dyno Mode Instruct

Roupin said:
ECU Reset:

- Turn the ignition key to the "on" position.

- Press the gas pedal to the WOT position (do not click though) and hold it for 5 seconds.

- Now turn the key to the off position but don't remove the key.

- Release the throttle.
No kickdown click?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Roupin, I wanted to post some pictures of these menus, also I wanted to post some of the stuff from the Climatronic diagnostic menu.

Does any one have the legend for what all the values are?

Like I know NR.21 and NR.22 are Engine RPM and the current speed in KM/H, but what are all the other values?

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oxygen said:
Roupin, I wanted to post some pictures of these menus, also I wanted to post some of the stuff from the Climatronic diagnostic menu.

Does any one have the legend for what all the values are?

Like I know NR.21 and NR.22 are Engine RPM and the current speed in KM/H, but what are all the other values?
My car doesn't have that feature, so I've never messed with it.

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
John 99clk430 said:
How often do you guys reset the ECU?

Is it good to reset it all the time?...
I used to reset it weekly, but now I just drive in Dyno Mode most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Roupin said:
I used to reset it weekly, but now I just drive in Dyno Mode most of the time anyway.
Is it good for the car or bad? The reseting, like effecting the ECU in any way?...

I'm gonna give the Dyno mode a try. :drive:

·
Premium Member
24,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ECU reset doesn't do any harm. It simply re-learns the way you drive. So if you got stuck in traffic for a while, you'll start to notice slower and smoother shifts. After the reset it reverts back to quick, crisp shifts (relatively, for an MB).

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Roupin said:
ECU reset doesn't do any harm. It simply re-learns the way you drive. So if you got stuck in traffic for a while, you'll start to notice slower and smoother shifts. After the reset it reverts back to quick, crisp shifts (relatively, for an MB).
Ahh okay, thanks on that Roup. :thumbup:

I tried the 'MBWorld' way of doing it, and I believe it said you have to press down fully (and the click?) and it'll reset, wait 2 minutes blah blah, did that and didn't even feel a thing.... :(

So now I'll try out without the clicking and see if that was the problem, they said with the ECU reset, acceleration even w/ TC on will show the little TC going off and on. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts