Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Blackbenzz said:
What mods do you have?

I have a few pointers for you. You need to go MUCH lower with the PSI in the d/r's. Which drag radials are you using? Do a nice long burnout to get the drag radials hot and sticky. This will get you traction and I'm pretty sure you wont break traction in third and you will get a much better launch. If you want to put your car on a trailer we can go to MIR (for ne of my track rentals) and I guarantee I'll coach you into the solid 10's :thumbup:
Its tough to do a long burnout in the SLR with the SLR's electronic brakes. The radials im using are BFG drag radials (18's). One of the reasons for loss of traction in 3rd was very shitty track prep also. Id love to race in MIR and the SLR would fly there, but im too busy to do so right now. We did have one of our members in AZ take his Porsche which was running best of 10.30's at 143 here, take it out there and turned a 9.70@149. Such are the benefits of sea level and dense air. The D/A in AZ sucks.

Im gonna go again this weekend. Will try and run both drag radials and street tires.

allanlambo said:
Its tough to do a long burnout in the SLR with the SLR's electronic brakes. The radials im using are BFG drag radials (18's). One of the reasons for loss of traction in 3rd was very shitty track prep also. Id love to race in MIR and the SLR would fly there, but im too busy to do so right now. We did have one of our members in AZ take his Porsche which was running best of 10.30's at 143 here, take it out there and turned a 9.70@149. Such are the benefits of sea level and dense air. The D/A in AZ sucks.

Im gonna go again this weekend. Will try and run both drag radials and street tires.
Dyno mode.... :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes:

Seems the track wasn't prepped well at all, your tires were chirping a good 5-6seconds after launching :eek:hnoes:

I hear the SLR doesn't come with an LSD, you should get one, that should help a lot with the launch no? :thumbup:

You're car sounds angry btw :clap:

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Murtaza said:
Seems the track wasn't prepped well at all, your tires were chirping a good 5-6seconds after launching :eek:hnoes:

I hear the SLR doesn't come with an LSD, you should get one, that should help a lot with the launch no? :thumbup:

You're car sounds angry btw :clap:
Yes horrible track prep. Sucks. Oh well, ill try again this Sat.

allanlambo said:
Dyno mode shuts off ESP, and the car will not hook at all. Id need slicks, which we cant fit.

Oh and as for mods, ECU,pulley,pumps dynoed 572rwhp 574rwtq.
It also turns off your ABS so dont slam on the brakes otherwise Mr. Geico will be very happy to talk to you about your policy and track usage. :rofl:

allanlambo said:

Allan, if you go into dyno mode just for the burnout then turn off the car (to turn off dyno mode), does that help you with doing longer burnouts?

Based on the videos, your burnouts are way too short. My first couple of burnouts at the track were just about as long as yours and got me some pretty bad results. One of the SL65 guys at the track was kind enough to ride along with me for one run. He told me to burnout a good 5-7 seconds or until a nice cloud of white smoke could be seen. I'm guessing your DR's are probably still a little wet when you leave the burnout box.

Your car looks like an easy 10 second car once you hook up though. :thumbup:

Discussion starter · #31 ·
SDSilverM3 said:
Allan, if you go into dyno mode just for the burnout then turn off the car (to turn off dyno mode), does that help you with doing longer burnouts?

Based on the videos, your burnouts are way too short. My first couple of burnouts at the track were just about as long as yours and got me some pretty bad results. One of the SL65 guys at the track was kind enough to ride along with me for one run. He told me to burnout a good 5-7 seconds or until a nice cloud of white smoke could be seen. I'm guessing your DR's are probably still a little wet when you leave the burnout box.

Your car looks like an easy 10 second car once you hook up though. :thumbup:
Yes, that is certainly an issue and I will try and get a better burnout on Saturday.

wow!!! I give you credit at least your exercising your car!!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.