Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious? i drove palomar once now i'm hooked. unfortunately, my underpowered car crawls up the mount in 2nd gear. sometimes 1st...depending on my exit speeds coming out of the turns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,591 Posts
2nd and 3rd

go to the vid thread in the garage forum.
click on one of MY (first 11 i think)youtube vids and click on more from this user, youll see 5 palomar vids "e55 & 997s having fun in the canyons".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,106 Posts
AMG_55 said:
2nd and 3rd

go to the vid thread in the garage forum.
click on one of MY (first 11 i think)youtube vids and click on more from this user, youll see 5 palomar vids "e55 & 997s having fun in the canyons".
+1 I was way behind!! in my E63
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
I don't get as bad of brake fade as I have in past cars, but I get the brake overheated warning EVERYTIME. I'm extra hard on my brakes, though so that may matter. I make the straights as long as possible.

Hell yeah, i use ESP to keep me off the cliff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
AMG_55 said:
2nd and 3rd

go to the vid thread in the garage forum.
click on one of MY (first 11 i think)youtube vids and click on more from this user, youll see 5 palomar vids "e55 & 997s having fun in the canyons".
I want a rematch. that was the WORST setup I've had in quite a while. Now, if I could just get my car running....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
jangy said:
I don't get as bad of brake fade as I have in past cars, but I get the brake overheated warning EVERYTIME. I'm extra hard on my brakes, though so that may matter. I make the straights as long as possible.

Hell yeah, i use ESP to keep me off the cliff.
To keep you off the cliff? Or do you mean to keep you dancing on the edge :thumbup:

If it's all twisties without long straights, I'll run it too just for fun. My bitch has no balls on the straights though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
It is definitely switchbacks. The straights are just long enough to get up to about 80-90mph (on full blast), so you have to hit the brakes extra hot, too.

I use the ESP by keeping the car floored and just having the throttle get turned back on as I gain traction (coming out of the turn). As long as the car pushes, I don't have power, so it is to my advantage to learn to drive the car without sliding around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
I've done both. MANY MANY times. It all has to do with what your technique is that day. With it on, I have to keep in mind that it is there and to throw the car just right. With it off, I have to keep the push under control or I'll go too hot into a turn.
I'm definitely faster with it off, since I can recover from mis-haps better than by shutting everything down. But, I can get pretty fast with it on, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
I'll bet you will. Yes, I do have plans, but have had a hard time getting them sourced. The E55 ones are real beefy anyway, so I'm not sure what an extra 5mm will do. When I do it you can have mine. Remind me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,775 Posts
jangy said:
I'll bet you will. Yes, I do have plans, but have had a hard time getting them sourced. The E55 ones are real beefy anyway, so I'm not sure what an extra 5mm will do. When I do it you can have mine. Remind me.
Will send PM. Every day. :rofl:

Just keedeeng :thumbup:

I wonder how much of a difference H&R and sways will make on my car. Should be fun finding out. :drive:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top