My MB Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with you posting the dealer price on a sponsor's test thread? Why couldn't you just PM them?

You, as a sponsor, should know better than that. That's like you jumping the gun to "price bashing" before the sponsor even has a chance to respond with a price offering for you. If that's a clever way to get around the guidelines, it's not going to work. The rules apply to all of us and I would hope you abide by them as well. Posting the "dealer price" in public doesn't mean they're going to ever sell it to you at that price. You are just going to piss them off, not that you care but do us all a favor and keep the drama off of the public forums.

If you're trying to get a killer deal for Zamini then keep it to PM's. The general public doesn't need to know the full details of what you're negotiating. Please set an example by demonstrating good business etiquette and avoid doing things that come off as stepping all over people's toes.

The rules are clearly stated in multiple sections of the forum. Please read it, re-read it, and do whatever it takes to understand it. They are there for a reason and will be enforced. This forum has been all about "fun" and everyone has been civil to one another so far so let's keep it that way.

One final thing:

Let's make this clear. Feelings are probably going to get hurt if I have to clean up a mess. I don't play favorites when I am forced to fix unnecessary drama created by others. Most of us here don't have the time for it or the time to play mediator to sort out such things.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Ling, I apologize. i didn't even think of it that way and was in no way trying to bypass ANYTHING. I'm sorry. The fact is that I do care and was in no way trying to cause ANY drama. I apologize and will keep my posting in check. I don't expect any special treatment from you and apologize again for taking your time on this. That's really all I can say. My actions will reflect your sentiments. Until then, consider me on probation.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I went back and looked at what I did and what I was thinking. All I can say is I'm sorry. I'll stop posting until I am crystal clear on the rules. I never meant to undermine myMBonline in any way.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arjang, all I ask is that you don't leave yourself open for someone else to misinterpret your intentions. The guys that know you personally know what your intentions are but others may not and that's where the potential of a misunderstanding can take place. Just step outside the box every now/then and read your posts as someone that does not know you personally. ;)

I know it may seem like I am nit-picking at things sometimes but I assure you I am not. I just look at things from a different perspective and would rather put out a small camp fire before it gets the chance to become a wild fire. Those type of things will make a forum go downhill quickly if not nipped in the bud.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I'm back from my "suspension".
I understand everything you did Ling and even respect HOW you did it (posting in here instead of in "public"). Like I said before, I was never trying to flex my muscles and didn't realize i was pissing group5 off. I don't even know them, and troy was cool to me the 5 minutes I was in his shop.

I did lots of thinking these couple of days and I think I am going to kill the sponsor idea for me. It works if you really want to make money, but not really worth the headache if you are just getting deals for everyone. I'm still out about $8K now, and there no profit in it, so why? I think I'm just going to focus on parts for my car and selling them to vendors, instead of being one myself.

One thing that did piss me off is that Group 5 came in and spanked me in public and not one of my own stood up for me. I'm not saying I wasn't the one that got their ire up, but it still is kind of fugly to get slapped around in my own backyard (or at least what i thought was).

Anyhow, I hope I didn't screw things up for the board, cause I never intended that.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Your sin has been forgiven. If you do it again, you'll be eatin' Pho every day for 1 week : )
But on a serious note, this site will grow and has a lot of potential to be better than mbw and I'm just glad to be a part of the community. Cool people to hang w/on a personal level.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
jangy said:
Shit, Pho is starting to grow on me, so we'll have to find another punishment.
I got a perfect one for you... Dim Sum (CHICKEN FEET). :clap:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
JmanE55 said:
jangy said:
Shit, Pho is starting to grow on me, so we'll have to find another punishment.
I got a perfect one for you... Dim Sum (CHICKEN FEET). :clap:
GGGGGRROOOSSS!!! Now that would be punishment!! Please promise that'll only happen if I really screw up.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jangy said:
I'm back from my "suspension".
I understand everything you did Ling and even respect HOW you did it (posting in here instead of in "public"). Like I said before, I was never trying to flex my muscles and didn't realize i was pissing group5 off. I don't even know them, and troy was cool to me the 5 minutes I was in his shop.

I did lots of thinking these couple of days and I think I am going to kill the sponsor idea for me. It works if you really want to make money, but not really worth the headache if you are just getting deals for everyone. I'm still out about $8K now, and there no profit in it, so why? I think I'm just going to focus on parts for my car and selling them to vendors, instead of being one myself.

One thing that did piss me off is that Group 5 came in and spanked me in public and not one of my own stood up for me. I'm not saying I wasn't the one that got their ire up, but it still is kind of fugly to get slapped around in my own backyard (or at least what i thought was).

Anyhow, I hope I didn't screw things up for the board, cause I never intended that.
Welcome back. ;)

Arjang, I did not see the response from Troy as out of line. He just explained to you why he thought it should have been handled differently based on what you posted. I'm sure we all knew he could have responded in a much more unprofessional manner but chose not to.

Yes, his response was out in public but you had also posted what you did in public. Sponsors are also people too so you need to respect that. You can't try to call them out and not expect them to respond. You had already knew he could get Renntech products, though not a direct dealer you knew the answer to that question already. Then you demanded a hook up accompanying that by posting the dealer cost price. Do you see where we're headed here?

If I didn't know you personally either, I would have misunderstood your intent in that thread. You asked a question you already knew the answer to and followed it with a demand. You basically came off as giving him an ultimatum. Not the proper way to negotiate with someone you don't know too well.

Probably not your intent but perception is everything. Do not leave yourself open to assumptions. I didn't see a need to step in as it appears you guys took care of it privately like adults. :thumbup:

In any case, let us know what you want to do with Zamini once you come up with a decision. :)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Thanks Ling. All of that is true except the part of him getting RT stuff. I knew he could get them, but I'd heard that he got them through Adam (not from Adam) and that is no longer a source and using a middle man. It all really was a misundertsanding and no we need no help. I apologized as I should and he accepted it.
It was a straight dip move on my part. I wasn't trying to set him up or pressure him into a special price, but I did by the way I posted it. i am sorry for that. It won't happen again. i have too much respect for you and this board. I swear I had no such intentions. I was basically scrambling to get a source for ELMs and didn't want to waste any time, but again my method was ignorant.
Now that we have forgiven me, even with the feet caviat, I'll explain what I meant by expecting more. I don't mean by you, since it would show favoratism. I just come from a place where you back your boys no matter what they did. An analogy is being in a club and your boy gets in a fight. I'm not one to ask if he deserves to get his ass kicked. I jump in and back him up and then later slap him upside the head for ruining my night. That was what I expected here, especially after Group5 reacted AFTER I had been reprimanded and had cleaned the post. That's all. And i got NOTHING. It just hurt my feelings. Nobody here owes me shit, so I shouldn't expect more, either.

Zamini Motorcades is dead. I will collect te money owed me and deliver the services I promised and move on. I will ikely stay in the industry in some capacity as I have made so many contacts and am more interested in developing things than ever. I just don't want to fund a co-op anymore.

Sorry again for placing you in a tough spot. By gones are gone?

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Arjang, I know what you mean and yes it is a tough spot for anyone to be in. The way I saw it was like this. When the fight is one on one there is no need for anyone else to jump in. You guys take care of your differences like men and hash it out. The problem would have compounded if we had intervened like in the real life situation you described. If all your boys jump in without being provoked and without reason what the hell is going to happen? A rumble will result. There was no need for any of that as it was only between you two.

Sorry to disappoint but I have to be neutral in these type of situations. I try not to make rash decisions first then explaining after the fact and I did not see the need to in this situation either.

Running a co-op is hard. You're laying it on the line for everyone else with little or no profit in return. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do.

Don't trip bro. It's water under the bridge. Business as usual. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
For sure Ling. I'm on board with all you say. Lets let the shit pass. Nothing even happened, and Troy and I never got into it.
I was just laying it all out. There are now no more issues with my end and I know you are cool. I was just being honest with my feelings. You handled yourself as a professional, as always.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Just FYI. I went to G5 and apologized to troy in person today. I don't expect shit from him, but I want to take responsibility.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for doing that. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
More out of respect for you, but also cause its the right thing to do. I really never meant no harm. Hope we can let it go now. he was gracious about it, too.

·
Premium Member
12,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If all parties are happy then so am I. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts