Mercedes-Benz Forums - My MB Online banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I pursue the contact that claims he can get them? I will make sure that includes all parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,466 Posts
Re: Who's down with a TB kit for E55 at $1500? Install not i

jangy said:
Should I pursue the contact that claims he can get them? I will make sure that includes all parts.
It will be more beneficial w/at least Stage 1 right? How much rwhp gain?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,344 Posts
how big would the TB be? would it be as big as the kleemann or vrus ones?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,344 Posts
Id definitely be in on that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
I would love to, but I just paid for the vrus cf airbox, and the wife has yet to find out about it. Also about to purchase another handgun for about 1K.

When I disappear and you guys dont hear from me, thats when she found out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
thats a great price jangy! i have a 80mm TB and it is worth the 2500 bucks let alone $1500 if these dont sell like hot cakes its cuzz everbody already has them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
chukiechz said:
I would love to, but I just paid for the vrus cf airbox, and the wife has yet to find out about it. Also about to purchase another handgun for about 1K.

When I disappear and you guys dont hear from me, thats when she found out.
ohh new gun? what kind?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
880 Posts
looking at a 1911 style. Either a Springfield TRP Operator with light rail or a Kimber Eclipse Custom II.

Still trying to get more info on them, as well as out of state pricing. Local places are waaaaay too much money and then I have to pay tax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
chukiechz said:
looking at a 1911 style. Either a Springfield TRP Operator with light rail or a Kimber Eclipse Custom II.

Still trying to get more info on them, as well as out of state pricing. Local places are waaaaay too much money and then I have to pay tax.
nice cant go wrong with a kimber!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I am going to try to buy just the actual TB and have my housing ported and polished to match. Sorry for al the technical terms, but i don't know em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
jangy said:
I think I am going to try to buy just the actual TB and have my housing ported and polished to match. Sorry for al the technical terms, but i don't know em.
Is this 80mm TB a brand new one or is it just a stock one bored out? If it's the latter... talk to me. :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
to my understanding the 07 sl55 has an 80mm one that can transfer over then you have to port match thehousing on the supercharger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yup Yup. The '07SL55 has a 80mm TB and it sells for $250. Then, we have to take the housing and shave the mouth to match and may as well polish the interior while it is off. The bulk of the project is labor. Even I can swap out the TB, since it is just 4 bolts, but you gotta take the SC out to get the housing off. Then, the machine shop charges to do the shaving and polishing, and then install it all.

Jrocket: it ain't dead. It is coming up.

I want to have a good plan for all the mods before I begin. I'm just deciding on pulley and ECU tune sources for now. We have everything else and I'm hoping not to pay more than about $5K for 100hp gains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
If the SL55 is using the same kompressor that the E55's are,seems all we need to do is buy the sc plenum(peice behind the TB)and make it a complete bolt on...no? I need to look at the parts diagram and see whats up for this.Seems to good to be true...Im all for it too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are very correct. I am looking into both modding that piece and buying a replacement. It really is that easy. The reason I haven't committed to that is because all the tuners go ahead and polish the plenum, so I wanted that done, too. The labor for install remains the same and I assume the machine shop part is cheaper than a new '07SL plenum, so that is why I am looking into both.
 
1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top